Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

The driver being installed is not validated

WKozu
Beginner

I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers or Intel control panel on a new PC using the downloaded files. I can manually do an update but I can't get Control Panel to install.

My PC is running Win10 64 bit April 2018 update - Version 1803. My CPU is an i7-8700K with an Asus Prime Z370-A motherboard. So it has the Intel 630 graphics.

When I try to install the Video drivers from Intel (win64_24.20.100.6025.zip) or the VGA drivers from the Asus support website (Intel_Graphics_Accelerator_Driver_win10-64_V23.20.16.4944) I get a popup message saying:

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. Setup will exit."

I was able to manually update the drivers manually in Device Manager from 23.20 to 24.20 but I would like to install the Intel Graphics Control Panel.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello wayner92,

I understand that you are having a hard time updating the graphics driver of your system.

Regarding this, What I can recommend you to do is to contact Asus* directly so they can guide you and fix any possible problem during the update of the driver. Remember that we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customization, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided.

However, if you would like to attempt with our generic driver, you can download the ".zip" file from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790

After downloading, please follow these steps:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the .INF file (information file).

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
WKozu
Beginner

Thanks David - I can (and did) update the driver in that way, but I also want to be able to install the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. How do I install that? I have tried to contact Asus.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello wayner92,

Thank you for your response,

Regarding the Intel ® HD Graphics control panel, it should actually come pre-installed and it is updated if applicable whenever you update the graphics driver. In order to access the control panel, you need to right-click on the desktop and over there you will have an option called "Graphics Properties". That option should open up the control panel.

I hope this helps .

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
WKozu
Beginner

Thanks David - you are right the Graphics Control Panel is displayed - I somehow missed it earlier. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos