Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

'The operating system version is not supported for this product'

JBrum1
Beginner

I get this error whenever I download ANYTHING from this website. I followed some instructions on here, updated my windows update, deleted the driver, deleted all intel programs and restarted my computer. Tried again and it hasnt worked. I have Windows 10 64-bit, and my graphics card is Intel® UHD Graphics 630. I have no idea what to do.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Yes, but what VERSION of Windows 10? 1903? Go to Start, Settings, System, About, and provide the Version number.

Also, what is your device? Laptop or desktop? Provide the model number.

Provide the model number of your processor as well.

If you are a laptop, use ONLY the drivers provided by your laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
JBrum1
Beginner

Yes 1903, and I have a Desktop.

There is no model number it just says 'system product name' but it was custom built so I don't know if that means anything.

Intel Core I7-8700k cpu @ 3.70GHz

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This means your motherboard manufacturer didn't replace default string. Means nothing.

...S​

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Here is the link to the latest driver for your processor:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29058?product=126684

Is this the driver you have tried to install?

You can try the instructions I provided in this thread:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Fm2ngSAB/how-to-install-the-dch-driver?language=en_US

If that does not work, then we will try the manual method.

Doc

0 Kudos
JBrum1
Beginner

Yes I was trying to install that first link

After trying the second link I got a different error saying 'this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software'

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, so you uninstalled all the drivers (while disconnected from the net) until you got to the Microsoft basic display adapter, right? Then, while still disconnected from the net, you installed the latest DCH driver. And, that is when it said you did not meet the minimum requirements?

So, what driver is currently installed on this machine?

Here are instructions for the manual method:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Doc

0 Kudos
JBrum1
Beginner

Ok I got it fixed while looking through my device manager I think. I turned on 'show hidden devices' and saw the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 and updated it. Worked smoothly without error.

It's still hidden in my device manager though, is that bad?

0 Kudos
JBrum1
Beginner

Otherwise I have Geforce GTX 1070 Ti and two Dell d3100 usb3.0 dock in my Display Adapter Driver list

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Now I get it. Typically, when you have an add-on card, it disables the onboard graphics, unless the motherboard bios allows for onboard and add-on to both be active.

You would need to check the bios of your motherboard to see if it allows.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I always like the term "bad" and reflect on this:

Venkman: What do you mean "bad?"

Spengler: It's hard to explain, but try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and finding yourself confined forever in another dimension.

Ok, enough of that. I cannot explain why it is hidden, but as long as it is there, updated, no exclamation point, you should be ok. What is displayed under "display adapters"? Provide a screen shot if you can.

Doc

0 Kudos
JBrum1
Beginner

Haha thats definitely at least a little bit bad

Heres a screenshot

0 Kudos
JBrum1
Beginner

I said two of the USB dock drivers and the Geforce; as in those 3 are not hidden. but the Intel driver and the other 2 USB dock drivers are hidden

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I cannot answer for the USB docks, but the add-on nvidia likely disables the onboard intel. Just remove the nvidia card to verify.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It looks like your motherboard bios disables the onboard graphics when you insert an add-on card. It is my bet that, even with the updated dch driver, you will not be able to use the onboard graphics ports. To test, try using one of the onboard graphics. You will like not get any display to work. Then, while you still have a monitor connected to one of the onboard ports, power down, remove the nvidia card, power up, and you will likely have output on the onboard port. And, you can examine the bios settings for video to see what is allowed.

Doc

0 Kudos
JBrum1
Beginner

Thanks I'll try it out and get back to you if I have an issue or something pops up (:

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello JBrum1,

I would like to know if you need further assistance? Were you able to install the driver?

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello JBrum1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos