Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

The resolutions don't apply/4:3 stretched don't work.

4SN3R
Beginner

Hi! I used to play CS:GO in 4:3 1024x768 (default 1366x768) stretched with AMD. Recently I changed to Intel (Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 360) so possibly my problem is because it needs to fully "update" but at the moment I dont have any Windows Update. I use Intel® Graphics Command Center post-build 1.100.2765.0

I watched some tutorials but no one worked.

When I go to 1024x768 to put it stretched and go back to 1366x768 it doesn't apply in the game. Then i go back to 1024x768 to see that the changes i did didn't apply. However, when I go to 800x600 it appears stretched from default, but when i go to the game to play in 800x600 the stretched resolution doesn't work (black bars).

I thought that could be because the 1024x768 stretched doesn't save the changes, but after 800x600 being stretched from default and not working in the game i don't what to think.

I hope I have expressed myself well, English its not my "former" language.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

4SN3R, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® processor?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Was CS:GO working fine before on this specific machine without showing the problem that you are describing?

When did the issue start?

This problem, does it happen only with that game?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
4SN3R
Beginner

"What is the model of the Intel® processor?"
Intel Core i5 7500 (3.40GHz).

"What is the model of the motherboard?"
08NPPY.

"If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?"
I use a desktop pc.

"Was CS:GO working fine before on this specific machine without showing the problem that you are describing?"
Yes, It was working fine.

"When did the issue start?"
When i changed the hardware. Yesterday.

"This problem, does it happen only with that game?"
I tried on GMod (Source Engine) and the 4:3 is stretched. I tried on Half-Life (GoldSrc) and the 4:3 is not stretched. I tried on ULTRAKILL and Clustertruck and the same (4:3 is not stretched).

"Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?"
How I say, the problem started when I changed the hardware to Intel. I don't know if the problem could be the Graphics, the Intel® Graphics Command Center, my pc or the game himself.

"Which Windows* version are you using?"
Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

4SN3R, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Could you please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform? 

Check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello 4SN3R, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
4SN3R
Beginner

Thank you a lot for your help, Albert R. But I fixed it. The problem was generated because I had disabled the Windows screen optimization. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

4SN3R, Thnak you very much for sharing those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to know that you were able to fix the issue by enabling the Windows screen optimization and now the computer is working properly.

Thank you very much as well for taking the time to share the solution, we are sure it will be very helpful and useful for all the peers looking at this thread.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos