Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Third external display does not work (Win10/HD4600)

Max15
Beginner

Hello all,

I still own an MSI-GS70 2QE gaming laptop with Windows 10 Pro and an i7-4710HQ with HD4600 Graphics.

Now I recently got 3 old monitors (Ilyama ProLite B2475HD) as a gift and promptly got myself two mini-DP to HMDI cables.
Current Setup (all direct connections):
- Mini-DP -> HDMI
- Mini-DP -> HDMI
- HDMI -> HMDI

Unfortunately, I found out that I can't use all three monitors at the same time under Windows 10.
It should be said that my laptop screen (built-in) is already broken and therefore no longer recognized by the hardware, unlike the three Ilyamas.

The system recognizes all three (see screenshots), but in the Windows settings the third one is grayed out and in the Intel settings I'm not even given the option to use all three at the same time.
However, I can always use two different monitors at the same time. (1-2, 1-3, 2-3)

I have tested two driver versions:
- 10.18.15.4248 (the last official version released by MSI)
- 20.19.15.5171 (the latest version for the HD4600 from Intel).
Unfortunately, neither of them work, as well as the default Windows driver.

But in fact, on Linux live systems (USB) it works immediately, without dedicated drivers and without problems.

Now my question is: what is the problem? And is there possibly a way to "patch" the Intel driver via the registry, a config or something similar?

I also add the DxDiag from the 20.19.15.5171 to the post.
PS. I know something is wrong with my AX1650X driver, however the card works as it should, so I'm ignoring the errors there for now.

Manufacturer's page (MSI): https://de.msi.com/Laptop/GS70-2QE-Stealth-Pro-5GEN/support#down-driver&Win10%2064 (German)

Thanks a lot for taking the time!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosueO_Intel

Hello Max15,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Best regards,

Josue O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos