Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Three Monitors

Sam_K
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to connect 3 monitors to my HP Envy 360 Laptop using a docking station - the hiearcool usb c hub - with two HDMI ports and a VGA port. I am able to get each display to work, however, two of the screens are duplicate with one extending. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to extend all three monitors. Any tips?

Thank you,

Sam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

You describe exactly what you see in the manual.

I assume an X on a red circle means, you cannot configure 3 extended monitors...

0 Kudos
Sam_K
Beginner

Oh thank you for providing that, i had never seen that before!

I also have a this docking station - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TXTF2WR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - when i connect to the 3 HDMI's one of the screens is really blurry with poor resolution. Is that because the total resolution output is capped?

Any tips on getting three independent displays to work correctly?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

While many more could be physically connected, your processor's graphics engine will support a maximum of three monitors simultaneously. Your laptop, if its lid is open, represents one monitor. This means that only two more monitors can be connected externally. If your laptop is powered on with the lid closed (as it would be if in a dock), however, you may be able to connect three external monitors.

Note: Some multi-monitor adapters and docks get around this 3-monitor limitation by providing a standalone, USB-based, graphics engine. I don't see one of these in this case, however.

...S

0 Kudos