Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20711 Discussions

Tried to add manually a game, but it failed on Intel Control Arc

carlosmacie
Beginner

Hi everyone, I'm Carlos.

I recently installed Intel Control Arc as an Intel update. When I was configuring everything on app, I tried to add manually a game on Games tab, but it failed. The message says that "I don't have permission to open the file .exe" and request me to call the file's owner or the adm of the computer (see on attached image).  But I'm the Administrator user. So, I can't configure the game on Control Arc. Others files work normally, just on this game it doesn't work. The message is in brazilian portuguese, but it's easily translated using Google.

Thanks a lot in advance. 

Best rgds,

Carlos Maciel da Silva.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello carlosmacie,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are not able to add any games to the Games tab in the Arc control, I will happily assist you on this matter.

To have a better view of your system, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
bartk1971
Novice

Hi DeividA_intel, I have excactly the same issue. only farcry6 is appearing in the games list, my otther games like forza horizon 5 and forza motorsport are not... attached the results of the ssu scan of my system

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello carlosmacie, 

I am following up to know if you still need my assistance with your issue related to Intel Control Arc. Do not forget to attach the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU).

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello carlosmacie,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
OnePint17
Beginner

Hi all, I had the same issue with Sea of thieves. I have deleted and re-downloaded Intel Arc but the same issue persists. I ran the Intel System Utility and have attached the file below.

Could you help please?

Thanks,

Will

0 Kudos