Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Turn-Off the RGB/Lights

lionmarsupial
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to turn-off the lights on the Arc A770.

I am not a fan of RGB, to me it is a waste of energy and it doesn't add any value on the performance of a configuration.

Is there any way to turn those light Off ?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Saabjock
Novice

Do you currently have the small cable which shipped with the card for the RGB installed... or are you speaking about the Blue accent lighting?

If the latter, I don't know of anyway short of disconnecting the cable inside the card.

I wouldn't advise that based on the Gamer's Nexus teardown.

A lot of disassembly.

0 Kudos
lionmarsupial
Beginner

I would like to turn-off any light.

I I don't have the choice, I will disassemble the product because it is very annoying and doesn't serves any purpose.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello lionmarsupial,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ Arc communities.

We understand the issue that you are experiencing with your Intel® Arc™ A770 card.

We would like to share with your the following information that will help you identify the steps to take to manage the RBG layout of your card:

Please refer to the following article:

How Do I Use the Intel RGB Controller to Configure the Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics Limited Edition Card’s LEDs?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000092545/graphics.html

Download link for the Intel® Arc™ RGB Controller

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/743675/intel-arc-rgb-controller.html

Let us know the outcome of using this tool.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

lionmarsupial
Beginner

Thank you for your answer, greatly appreciated.

Unfortunatly I don't use Windows, and this software is for Windows Only.

I will just create another ticket for Linux.

As of today, I cannot be sure this RGB can be turned off using the Intel Arc RGB controller, but I really appreciate you answered to my question.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @lionmarsupial,

Thank you for sharing these details with us, we are going to take this information for internal review and will be back to you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime please share with us what is the Linux distribution that you are using?

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
lionmarsupial
Beginner

Welcome.

I first installed Debian but I broke something the package system while installing Mesa 22.2 for this card, I am moving this system to LFS/BLFS.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @lionmarsupial,

Thank you for posting your reply,

We are currently checking this information internally, we will get back to you as soon as we have more information

In case you have any comments or would like to share more details please feel free to continue posting.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello lionmarsupial

We appreciate your patience.

For this issue what you can do is connect the Arc card to a system with Windows and through the RGB app turn the RGB lights off. The card will save the RGB settings so once it is re-connected to the Linux system the lights will remain off.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello lionmarsupial,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello lionmarsupial,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos