Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

UHD Graphic 620 driver not updating

VVeru
Beginner

noname.jpgHey. When I try to update the UHD Graphic 620 driver on my laptop (i5 8265U processor, judging by the description, I select the correct one) The error window "The installed driver is not valid for this computer." What to do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @VVeru​ ,

1. You are trying to install latest Intel Graphics driver. I would suggest to install on laptop driver from the OEM site. However if your laptop is equipped with Intel HD 620 graphics, you may try the latest driver form Intel. You need to install it manually. Follow those instructions:
  2. Download the latest DCH driver version 26.20.100.7463 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29195/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers
  3. Disconnect the internet.
  4. Right click on currently installed driver (in Device Manager), then click on Uninstall device. Check the Delete the driver software from this device option.
  5. Reboot your computer. After finishing uninstalling you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter.
  6. Now, install previously downloaded driver 26.20.100.7463
  7. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

Note: This driver is supported from Microsoft Windows 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709)(RS3) and up. So, prior driver installation, update your Windows.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Let me correct Leon's input. Item 1 should read "...if your laptop is equipped with *only* Intel HD Graphics 620...". This does not apply if the laptop has hybrid graphics (i.e. it also has an NVIDIA or AMD graphics engine). In this case, unless specifically told otherwise by your laptop vendor, you should use *only* the drivers provided on the vendor's web site. Why? Because the vendor may have modified the drivers specifically for their hardware design and using generic drivers from Intel (or NVIDIA or AMD) could cause problems and/or prevent custom features from working. Remember that, unless same or newer driver versions are posted on the vendor's site, the laptop may not have been verified to actually work with the generic drivers on the Intel (or NVIDIA or AMD) site.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Lewis-H
New Contributor I

UHD graphics driver these versions only:

Supported OS versions

• Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709)(RS3)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 - April 2018 Update (1803)(RS4)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 - October 2018 Update (1809)(RS5)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2019 Update (1903)(19H1)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 – November 2019 Update (1909)(19H2)

This driver for launched for FIFA manager 2020.

Hope you have this information.

Regards,

Lewis