Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

[UHD Graphics 620] Difference of drawing result depending on GPU

tkoma2
Beginner

​I created a simple application to clip a cube using DirectX 9.0, but the GPU makes a difference in drawing results.

The difference between the drawing results is whether or not the intersection lines of the clip plane and the cube is drawn.

When using the NVIDIA Quadro K2200, intersection lines are drawn, but when using Intel UHD Graphisc 620, intersection lines are not drawn.

[NVIDIA Quadro K2200]

無題.png

[Intel UHD Graphics 620]

無題2.png

I think it is a GPU-dependent problem, but I do not know the cause.

Please tell me why the drawing results are different.

[System Information 1]

[OS]

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

[GPU]

NVIDIA Quadro K2200

[System Information 2]

[OS]

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

[GPU]

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

0 Kudos
17 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello tkoma2, Thank you for your response. What I can see in the information you have provided is that you are using an old graphics driver. If you are using a laptop then please check in their download center to see if there is an update for the graphics. If not, then, for testing purposes please download and install the one in the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28646/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126789 Also, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tkoma2
Beginner

​Thank you for your reply.

I updated the driver but the drawing results did not change.

I have attached the information of dxdiag.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello tkoma2, Thank you for your response. Do you have access to this application you have mentioned? Is there a way to download it so I can test this on-site? Let me know so I can assist you further because some testings need to be performed first in order to see if the issue is actually related to the graphics adapter or the application. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tkoma2
Beginner

Send the created application and code.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello tkoma2, Thank you for your response. Please fill out the information in the link below and attach the information in this thread: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490AGdSAM/important-template-for-submitting-a-graphics-bug?language=en_US Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tkoma2
Beginner

I am sorry for late reply. I ​attached a bug repot.

Please survey.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello tkoma2, Thank you for your response. I will proceed with testings on-site; however, also for testing purposes, there is a new driver that was released which is newer than the one you have tried. Please update to this one and try to see if the issue persists: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28731/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t Let me know the outcome please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tkoma2
Beginner

​Thank you for your reply.

I searched for the latest graphics driver on the Lenovo support site, but the latest version "26.20.100.6709" was not provided.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello tkoma2, Thank you for your response. I understand, the drivers we provide are generic which means they have not been modified to work specifically with your system; nevertheless, they work properly so please try installing the one I have mentioned from the link provided to see if the issue happens even with that last driver. Let me know please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello tkoma2, Were you able to try the driver we discussed? Let me know if you need more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello tkoma2, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tkoma2
Beginner

​Sorry for the late reply.

The latest driver could not be tried.

I asked Lenovo Support "When will the latest dirver will be available?"

But I received an answer that "the time of delivery is unknown".

Therefore, the updatable driver is up to "25.20.100.6519".

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello tkoma2, Thank you for your response. I understand your position and I was recommending the generic driver for testing purposes. If possible, try reporting this issue to Lenovo* to see if they can check from their end as well. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tkoma2
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

I reported to Lenovo again, but the answer was the same.

"The latest driver we offer is version 25.20.100.6519. It is recommended to wait for the next driver."

Sorry, we can not test with the lastest drivers.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello tkoma2, Thank you for your response. I would like to know how you are disabling the Nvidia graphics to test the application. This is important because, I have tested the application in systems with only Intel ® HD Graphics and I have not experienced the problem you mention. If possible, try disabling the discrete video from the BIOS since normally, computers with hybrid graphics have an option to do so, if possible, test the application again once the discrete graphics card has been disabled. Let me know the outcome please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tkoma2
Beginner

Thank you for your response.

I do not use a computer with hybrid graphics.

Computers with Intel Graphics 620 and computers with NVIDIA are different.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel
Hello tkoma2, I would like to confirm that we have been able to test and reproduce this issue here in our lab. A bug report has been filed to our driver development team (Bug ID# 1409419607). However I would like to set the right expectations from the start i.e. DirectX* 9 issues are very low priority and there is a high possibility that our dev team won't pick this up anytime soon (or at all). Rest assured that if there is an update we'll post it here. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us. Best Regards, Ronald M.
0 Kudos