Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

UHD Graphics 630 questions

RRM
Beginner

As for the i7-9700, I would like to know the specs of the integrated graphics, e.g. Graphics adapter memory type, Data width and Discrete graphics adapter memory, some of my interests is to know the what is the equivalence of the VRAM capacity?

I understand that the integrated graphics work differently, but what would be the equivalent in GB for what would be the VRAM?

I would also like to know what kind of technology it is? GDDR3? GDDR4? 5 or 6? im very confused...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Reps
Beginner

Intel Core i79700 Processor 12M Cache up to 4.70 GHz Product Specifications

Intel UHD Graphics 630 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Being an Integrated GPU, the Intel UHD Graphics 630 doesn’t have any Video/Graphics Memory of its own. Instead, it utilizes the system’s memory (RAM) dynamically for the same purpose.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I would add that the iGFX engine can allocate up to 50% of the available system memory to use as VRAM, depending upon current needs. If your system has, for example, 16GB of memory, the iGFX engine could use up to 8GB as VRAM. When needs drop, the iGFX driver will deallocate some of the VRAM and make it available to other software.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
RRM
Beginner

Okay, I understand and having said that, I use audio production applications that use some vectorized plug-ins, so it is also important to mention that many of the applications that the software uses use hardware accelerated rendering for the graphical user interfaces (GUI).

In that case, do you think I would benefit if I decided to skip the Integrated and get a dedicated card like the Nvidia T600?

https://www.pny.com/nvidia-t600

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello RRM,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

We understand you have opened a (chat/email/phone) with us and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos