Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Unable to adjust gamma on Intel app

TechGeek-DA
Novice

I am using the Intel HD Graphics app on my Asus X415JA laptop and I am not getting good picture quality because I am not getting any option to adjust the gamma on the Intel app.

This app has only brightness and contrast adjustments.

The picture looks more white than normal. How can I fix that?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Hi @TechGeek-DA 

To address the issue of the picture appearing too white due to the lack of gamma adjustment options in the Intel HD Graphics app on your Asus X415JA laptop, you can try adjusting the gamma settings directly through Windows. Here's how you can do it:

1. Press theWindows key + Ito openSettings.
2. SelectSystem.
3. In the left-hand menu, selectDisplay.
4. Scroll down toMultiple displaysand selectAdvanced display settings.
5. Click onDisplay adapter propertiesfor Display 1 (or the display you want to adjust).
6. In the properties window, go to theColor Managementtab and then click onColor Management....
7. In the Color Management window, go to theAdvancedtab.
8. Click onCalibrate displayand follow the on-screen instructions to adjust your gamma settings.

This process should help you achieve a more balanced picture quality by allowing you to fine-tune the gamma settings to your preference. If you continue to experience issues, it might be worth checking for any available updates for your Intel HD Graphics driver or consulting the user manual for your Asus X415JA laptop for any model-specific advice.

Cheers,

Max

0 Kudos
TechGeek-DA
Novice

I don't want to do it in that way because it's not that convenient. I need an app to do the gamma adjustment using a slider. 

0 Kudos
그래요ITech
New Contributor I
Hi 

@TechGeek-DA 

Tweaking gamma settings via Windows isn't ideal for you. There are indeed applications out there that cater to this need. For instance, the Calibcat Display Gamma Control app available on the Microsoft Store provides an intuitive slider for adjusting screen brightness, contrast, color temperature, and gamma. This app should simplify the gamma adjustment process for you.

Cheers,

Max

0 Kudos
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I
Hi TechGeek-DA

Just an add, you can use also Datacolor Spyder5PRO to adjust it

hope it helps

regards,
Harry
0 Kudos
TechGeek-DA