Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20665 Discussions

Unplayable : Persona 4 Golden on Intel Iris Xe graphics

sbnes
Novice

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (6).png

  

Persona 4 Golden(Steam ver.) shows abrupt glitches : screen flickering, glitchy text and some graphical ui elements. The game is unplayable, though the sound works perfectly fine.

I have contacted Sega customer support in regards to this issue as well.

1 Solution
Gabriela_Intel

Hey everyone! 30.0.100.9805 is now available in the Download Center.

Note: We just released the driver but the release date is showing up incorrectly in the Download Center. We're looking into this now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
108 Replies
4WUylCy4l2TJXkV89M4Z

I have exactly the same issue and no fixes work, please get on with this! It's so frustrating that it works on older laptops with worse graphics cards and not on my new one!!

0 Kudos
Dalla00
Novice

Hello everyone. @Bryce_Intel, are there any news about the fix? 

0 Kudos
dz3728
Beginner

@Bryce_Intel Hi, I'd also be interested in a status update.

I tried to "solve" the problem by switching back to an older device but that of course wasn't a solution. It's really a bit sad since I was actually happy with everything else and the general performance of the 11gen CPUs and GPUs but I'm currently torn between switching to something of "team red" (Persona 4 Golden runs perfectly) and the - in my eyes - more solid product (mainly because of better single core performance, better AI optimizations which come in handy with Adobe software and especially because of USB4/Thunderbolt 4 which of course is only available on Intel powered laptops).

It's extremely frustrating having to decide between having better hardware or having one of my favorite games unplayable on Xe while it runs on ALL other systems...I am aware that this entire issue is as "niche" as anything could be and that fixing other more profitable/new/popular games might have a somewhat higher priority but I really don't quite understand why this problem exists and why a fix hasn't been possible yet.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi everyone! Rest assured that efforts on this issue have not been abandoned. A fix is on its way. We're aiming to release a driver to downloadcenter.intel.com with the fix for this issue before mid-July. 

Thank you all for your patience!

Weissfalk
Beginner

Hi Gabriela,

Thanks for the updates!

We'll be waiting !

Have a good day

Colm2302
Beginner
Hi! I've also been experiencing this issue since the original post and have been following this page closely since then. Is there any update on when in July the new driver update will be released?
0 Kudos
rifat1
Beginner
I'm sorry but has this issue been fixed?
0 Kudos
dz3728
Beginner

I'm also still following the progress. In fact I just switched back to another laptop with an 11th Gen i5 since I am convinced that this is a good CPU. I hope that P4G is playable soon 🙂

0 Kudos
SerS
Beginner

I also wanted to know when the update's coming

0 Kudos
SerS
Beginner

the new update didn't fix the graphics for persona 4. It's still glitching

0 Kudos
lilbroomstick2608

I didn't even recieve an update for my graphics driver lol so i don't think that it includes the fix

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Driver 30.0.100.9684 is up in Download Center! Please check it out and let us know if it resolves the issue. 

0 Kudos
Amnora
Novice

did not work at all, like nothing changed

xSoup
New Contributor I

I have tried the new driver and the issue still exists. What's going on?

0 Kudos
Colm2302
Beginner

Sadly no there is no difference between now and before. This is beginning extremely frustrating as it is close on half a year since the original issue was posted on here. Can you please provide further clarity on how this issue can be resolved. Why were we directed to download this update in particular. Did it work when it was tested internally? As you can tell there are quite a few people waiting on this issue being resolved and the sooner the better.

Thanks for your help both previously and in the future. I hope we can sort this issue out in a timely manner.  

0 Kudos
sbnes
Novice
From the surface, I don't see any changes between this and the previous versions. I will do an in-depth run through of all the errors that come up and compare it to the previous build. But I do think the loading icon at bottom right is just glitched and not flickering like before.
Hope is not lost! Do your best!
0 Kudos
rivv33
Novice

sorry to report that the update did nothing for this game. matter of fact it might be glitching a little bit more on the title screen.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

I was told that 100.9684 included the fix but that was a false alarm... I really apologize for making you folks think that the fix was in that driver release. Trust me, I want this fix available to you all ASAP!

I hope you believe me now that I say the fix is checked in and confirmed for our next driver release targeted early to mid-August.

Again, thank you guys for your patience even though this is taking a lot longer than we'd personally like it to.

0 Kudos
dz3728
Beginner

@Gabriela_Intel thanks for the update and also thanks to everyone else at Intel who is involved for caring 🙂

Actually my solution for the problem was going for a notebook with i5/MX450 combination, so Persona 4 Golden now runs perfecty on the MX450. However - and sorry if this is a bit off-topic - for some odd reasons there are games where the MX450 hardy gets more than 10-15FPS whereas running them via Xe has twice the FPS. Also I guess that the Xe GPU has access to more memory and having fast dual channel ram results in a better performance - at least for me - in cases where more than 2GB of textures need to be loaded (that's what the MX450 has), so I still have various use cases where I do indeed need the Xe IGPU.

I'll still keep following this thread and will give feedback in August.

BTW: the Firefox bug/glitch (looks similar to the Persona 4 glitch) that I mentioned a while ago is also still present in 100.9684, so I'm looking forward to the August release for this as well.

0 Kudos
sbnes
Novice

Thanks for the update on the case! Hope it releases as fast as it could! 

0 Kudos
lilbroomstick2608

Yeah it didn't change anything sadly ;((

0 Kudos