Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20728 Discussions

Unplayable : Persona 4 Golden on Intel Iris Xe graphics

sbnes
Novice

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (6).png

  

Persona 4 Golden(Steam ver.) shows abrupt glitches : screen flickering, glitchy text and some graphical ui elements. The game is unplayable, though the sound works perfectly fine.

I have contacted Sega customer support in regards to this issue as well.

1 Solution
Gabriela_Intel

Hey everyone! 30.0.100.9805 is now available in the Download Center.

Note: We just released the driver but the release date is showing up incorrectly in the Download Center. We're looking into this now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
108 Replies
ferz25
Novice

Where will I find the patch once it's done?

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @ferz25. We're aiming to release a driver with a fix to downloadcenter.intel.com within the next two weeks. Stay tuned!

0 Kudos
ferz25
Novice

whoops sent the same message again. 

0 Kudos
Aima123
Beginner

Hello I am really looking forward to the patch. Do you have any update on the approximate date of arrival? Thank you for your support in this matter!

0 Kudos
mjgorman
Novice

Still broken using the latest drivers. Who provided any update that it was being worked on?

0 Kudos
Vastil
Beginner

Do you have new information about when the patch should be finished.

0 Kudos
Thefool074
Beginner
Is there an update to this, I just bought a laptop the other day and wanted to play persona 4 but I was met with the same graphical glitch.
0 Kudos
Mannix
Novice

Same issue here, just bought a new laptop and Persona 4 Golden

I have also contacted SEGA for support and they said P4G is not compatible with iris Xe

Please fix it, thank you!

0 Kudos
Dara
Beginner
I have the exact same problem. Just bought a new laptop and was really excited to play this game, only to have a banging headache from trying to fix all the buggy flashing colours
0 Kudos
Dkort
Novice

Hello, has there been any updates on the matter? It would be greatly appreciated if we could get more information soon.

0 Kudos
chrisk
Beginner

I have the same issues on an 11th Gen Intel Iris Xe system.

I also cannot understand how this is not reproducible, you just need to start the game. It's also not a legacy game, it was released in 2020.

Please fix this.

Dalla00
Novice

Hello there,

we, at least, would kindly want to know if the issue is being considered or not. An update by the customer service would be greatly appreciated. Also, we would like to know if you need more system scans to better understand the problem. 

To the other users, maybe submitting some system scans and proof that the game is glitching out like crazy can be of some help. I can't personally do that because I got refunded from Steam, though. 

I hope some solution will come out soon.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Gyrospiral
Beginner

I'll throw my info into this thread because I'm having the same issue on my Dell XPS 13 9310. Fresh install of the game after system fully updated after being purchased. Attached is my DxDiag and a report from Intel Graphics Command Center.

0 Kudos
dz3728
Beginner

I'm also experiencing the same issues on Windows 10 (20H2). I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad L14 Gen2 (Intel i5-1135G7 with Xe Graphics). I tried all available graphics drivers but this doesn't make any difference (= i.e. neither 27.20.100.9168 which was provided by Lenovo, nor the current 27.20.100.9316 directly from Intel).

I'm not attaching any reports, videos or screenshots as the problem clearly is with the driver and seems to be identical for everyone trying to run the Persona 4 Golden on Intel Xe Graphics. I would probable not add any information that isn't already available in this thread.

However, and this is very interesting, it runs just fine on Linux (i tried it via Wine/Proton on both a Ubuntu based distribution and on opensuse Tumbleweed). At least it has no graphics glitches there, though it's not 100% stable + has slight sound errors. But it's definitely playable.

My conclusion is: whatever Intel did right with their current Linux driver should also be done in the Win10 version of the driver, obviously this CAN be fixed. (also, no other game I tested with Intel Xe on Win10 shows any problem at all).

But I found a new or maybe related error: can anyone try to download a file (with ask to save at a certain location enabled) with the current Firefox? I'm seeing a very similar tearing/glitching as in Persona 4 Golden, whenver I do this.

I really hope Intel can get this fixed ASAP. I bought this game in every iteration and with the PS Vita becoming unusable very soon, having it run error free on Win10 is a MUST for me.

0 Kudos
Mannix
Novice

Perhaps using PS2 emulator to play P4 is the best thing we can do

0 Kudos
Dalla00
Novice

I would hope not to rely on an emulator for this game, although it seems like it's the only way for us to play now.

What I find interesting is what @dz3728 discovered. Seems like he single-handedly did more than what Intel has done for now. It's reassuring to know that the problem can actually be solved. Maybe opening a different thread about that problem he mentioned with Firefox could help with P4G too.

I still hope that Intel will eventually show up. Just in case, I would kindly ask all of you to keep this thread updated and to write something every once in a while. I'm sure that they'll notice what's going on.

Thank you guys

0 Kudos
Fortune515
Novice

@intel  This a widely reported issue on a game that just recently became available on Steam that only exists with your drivers. Should be easy to replicate. Simply load up Persona 4 Golden on intel iris xe graphics. So far it doesn't look like anyone has been able to *not* replicate it. 

0 Kudos
xSoup
New Contributor I

Bump

No offence intel, but this lack of communication from you is pretty dire. Just let us know whether or not you will be pursuing the matter. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This conversation seems to have slipped through the cracks. I have asked the PTB to assign an ICS agent to it.

…S

Fortune515
Novice
0 Kudos
AcNoDc
Beginner
Adding to the choir. Same issue with the game, on the latest HP Spectre x360 13.
0 Kudos