Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20895 Discussions

VALORANT STUTTERING ON INTEL UHD 630

Rittik
Beginner

My Valorant started stuttering for no reason. Used to run super smoothly. Using i5-10400 and 8gb ram 2666 MHz. Please fix this ASAP

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Rittik  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear you are having stuttering issues in Valorant. 

Was it working before? 

Please run this utility and attach the report so we can have more information about your system and recommend steps based on your system information: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Rittik
Beginner

Yes it was working perfectly fine. It appears to be a usual thing with valorant. Experienced similar stuff with intel hd 4400 in the past

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Rittik  

Thank you for the information provided. 

I noticed that your BIOS F4a is outdated, please update your BIOS to the latest version F4

Also, try a Clean installation of your graphics drivers, using the latest graphics driver from your System Manufacturer. If this step doesn't work, try this step with the Intel graphics driver. Check the notes below before this process: 

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 

Note #2: We recommend using the driver software provided by your System Manufacturer to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Note #3: In case you had to use the Intel driver, please find the instructions on how to install the driver in this article: How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Rittik
Beginner
I did upgrade the bios and did all you recommended and the stutters aren’t as frequent as they were. It used to stutter every 2 seconds and then freeze for a few seconds but now it’s like every 20 seconds and drops to 0 frames.
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Rittik  

Thank you for your reply. 

In that case, as a workaround, turn on the Vignette option in the game settings to reduce stuttering.  

Also, in case you have an HDD, try switching to an SSD; if it is possible, and test again.  You can also check this thread of other users with other possible solutions that may work on your scenario: Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620

If the issue persists after the steps above, please provide us with an Intel SSU report so we can investigate further. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Rittik
Beginner

I actually switched from HDD to SDD a couple months ago. And that solved the stuttering issue. I just posted this query because the stuttering started happening again even after switching to SSD. Here's the SSU attached. Thanks a lot for your time. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Rittik  

Thank you for the report provided. 

Can you please confirm if the workaround worked or helped? 

Also, I noticed in the report, that your graphics driver is 30.0.101.1273 and, as per the previous steps recommended, it should show the latest Intel driver 31.0.101.2125.  

Please perform a Clean installation of your graphics drivers, using the latest Intel graphics driver (31.0.101.2125).  

If the issue persists, please attach a new SSU report showing the system is up to date, so we can investigate further. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Rittik    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps of the previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Rittik   

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Rittik
Beginner

Didn't you say "I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps of the previous post." I was waiting for the update. If you couldn't find a fix for me just say so 

0 Kudos