Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20954 Discussions

VR Support for Oculus

CosmicBanana1934
Beginner

Hello Intel Dev Team,

As many of you have already noticed, there is a growing community that warmly accepted the endeavour of acquiring a first-gen product, namely your first attempt at consumer grade GPUs. As performant as it may be in standard flatscreen gaming, where performance has been more than acceptable and even excellent at times, it falls flat when VR is involved. It appears that LTT had been given access to some closed alpha drivers to get his setup working with limited functionality on VR, yet it has more than 8 months since that experience, and we have been given no additional information whatsoever regarding these drivers for the public drivers. I have been an early adopter for months and have been pleased with the experience in flatscreen gaming, however I do expect a company as large as Intel would have some more information regarding the development in this area after nearly a year of optimisations. Is there any possibility to have VR support for Intel ARC cards, or do I have to switch GPUs every time I wish to to VR compatible activities?

Best regards,

Cosmic

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CosmicBanana1934.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. Thank you for your trust in our product and your decision to use our Intel® Arc™ products as an early adopter. We are glad to know that you have been pleased with the experience in flatscreen gaming. Regarding your query about the VR experience, we want to inform you that Intel® Arc™ graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve as we ramp up our products and add updates to our software stack.

Based on this information, we will proceed to close this thread. If you require further information, please open a new question, as Intel will no longer monitor this thread.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos