Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620

JensA
Novice

Ever since upgrading the UHD 620 (i5 8250) drivers on my laptop, I've been having game-breaking stuttering whenever a 3d entity loads (which is almost constantly) in Valorant.

More details in the "Graphics bug report" form attached. 

Labels (1)
128 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

No news from Intel's side yet. After multiple tests (on several different platforms) our debug team has been unable to reproduce the lag issue. 

Just to reiterate, on different processors of different generations (6th gen and up to 11th gen) running on mechanical drives and SSDs (including m.2) and yet the lag issue is not occurring. So far this would indicate the issue is triggered by something different than the graphics driver, and yet "impacted" by it.

Has any of you tried with the combination of clean OS installation and driver 27.20.100.8935? (this should suggest no OS update or 3rd party app has had time to get installed).

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Shanthosh
Beginner
I think it is because of the HDD too, I installed the latest 20H2 Windows fresh and disabled updates as soon as I connected to the internet, and got the newest drivers from the Intel site. The game still stutters to hell, in task manager the hard disk usage spikes to 100% whenever it freezes while my CPU, GPU and ram are below 50%. I have an i3-7100u, Intel hd 620 with 12gb Rams (dual channel 8+4)
0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Is the latest driver  27.20.100.9077 shown some improvements ? Pls anyone update after trying. 

0 Kudos
NORMAL
Novice
No, they did not fix it. I tried the latest version but no luck. I think they don't even care about this .
henriquesmarques
Beginner

Version 9077 did not work for me, I still use version 8190 which is the only one that behaves well for me.

0 Kudos
MarkApud
Beginner

Hi everyone! I've been dealing with the same issue for months now, i've first noticed it on september, but never found any solution from the valorant support team here in LATAM. They just told me to uninstall all drivers and let windows do the rest.

So I deleted all drivers and played with an old version that windows installed automatically, getting fewer lag spikes, but it's still wasn't the same as in the game's beta when i could play it without any trouble.

But today i reinstaled (silly me) the new version (Dec 23 - 27.20.100.9079) and got those old lag spikes that i thought were gone/fixed.

So i came to be alerted when they get to any solution.

I have an i5-7200U with 2x4GB DDR4 and an intel HD 620.

Sorry for my bad english (Argentinian here!).

Hope we get a solution soon!

henriquesmarques
Beginner

news??

0 Kudos
MarkApud
Beginner
Hey just got your reply and came to share my experience:
I upgraded to ssd 2 days ago and ALL PROBLEMS ARE GONE.
I got the latest update and it plays like a charm. Feels like a totally different pc.

I cannot recommend you to upgrade to ssd any harder. Seriously.

Again: sorry for bad English.

Hope you get any response from the team. Cheers!
JLSQE
Beginner

buenas compañero latinoamericano queria saber si instalaste el juego en la ssd 

0 Kudos
Deep2
Beginner

Hello there, 

I was just wondering if a solution to this issue was found as I am facing the same problem currently. I was able to play with no stutter and around 40 fps, which was enough, but on Feb. 13,  it suddenly began to stutter. The only difference is that my laptop uses the Intel Graphics 620 not the UHD version. 

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Is there any progress ? or the upgrade from HDD to SSD is the solution (as said in some replies).

0 Kudos
igorxdd76
Beginner

Same problem here, i make a clean installation of windows, update all the devices and then install valorant, the game spikes every moment, every new actions in the game spikes and then goes to normal in 1~~2 seconds.  i resolve this issue with a rollback and back to 27.20.100.8476 Driver.

srry for bad english 🙂 

Intel i5 8400 processor
Intel HD graphics 630
HDD SATA 500GB

0 Kudos
shark03
Beginner

I have the exact same issue as everyone here.

Intel i5-8400T Processor

Intel HD Graphics 630

3rdDeathBringer
Beginner

I have an intel UHD 620, an i5-8265U and a SSD with 8GB and I don't have such a behavior. My game is running at a constant 55-60FPS (vsync enabled). So yeah must be a hard drive issue

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Only after a certain update I am (or all of us) are getting this issue, so it is clearly a driver issue which is maybe not affecting SSDs. 

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

Which version of intel UHD 620 are you using?

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

Downloading a older driver version worked for me

0 Kudos
sPiel
Beginner

I apologise in advance if I'm hijaking this thread.

I don't have Valorant but have noticed the same symptoms with the latest driver, playing Path of Exile and Skyrim.  Both were quite playable before the latest driver update from Windows, and both are now completely unplayable.  However, Path of Exile now works with the Vulcan renderer, where it did not before.  Interestingly, Valheim still runs fine (well, as fine as it ran before).

I don't really have time to do gather logs/videos etc. but I thought it might be helpful to know that the driver has bricked other games as well.

I'm running:

HP Dragonfly elitebook

i5-8365U @ 1.6GHz

UHD 620

8GB RAM

SSD

0 Kudos
Castaft
Beginner

Is this issue under investigation?

My system:
i5 8250U
4 + 4 GB 2400MHz CL 17 RAM
1 TB 5400RPM HDD
UHD 620
Radeon 520

When I select the Intel UHD 620 from the graphics settings section before entering the game, the game remains black and uses my Radeon 520 graphics card. When I disable my Radeon 520 card from device manager, when the skin is loaded, my FPS drops to 1 and the game becomes unplayable.

4 months ago I could play the game with 100+ FPS. There is no problem with temperatures.

Driver version: 9316

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

Try download a version older than 8476 it works for me

0 Kudos
henriquesmarques
Beginner

I would like a better solution than an older driver (the driver is hardly any more) and the ssd, because at the moment I am not able to buy an ssd.

Sorry for my English, I'm using a translator.

0 Kudos