Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620

JensA
Novice

Ever since upgrading the UHD 620 (i5 8250) drivers on my laptop, I've been having game-breaking stuttering whenever a 3d entity loads (which is almost constantly) in Valorant.

More details in the "Graphics bug report" form attached. 

Labels (1)
128 Replies
Seckond
Novice

What I meant was to find an older driver version was to download an older driver version of your graphics driver, not a completely different graphics driver.  The driver version depends on your graphics driver for mine it's intel UHD 620 and the driver version is 8142.  Try to find the driver version you had before the lag and stutters started, but unfortunately, since you don't have an SSD then its probably going to stutter no matter what you do.

0 Kudos
PH4NTOMxx
Novice

**bleep**TY SUPPORT, They don't even fix after receiving lots of complains -.-

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

The fix is to download a intel UHD 620 driver version older than 8476 and it should fix

0 Kudos
Slawo
Beginner

Unfortunately, I also have this problem. Only the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter works for me. Otherwise, I get graphics errors regardless of the application.

When will there be a solution?

System Acer Swift 5 8 GB Ram UHD 620 i7-8565U Win 10 Home 64-Bit

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

What's your driver version?

0 Kudos
Slawo
Beginner

I have tested many version. My problems start around 2 weeks ago. I assume after either a windows update or a Avast Viren Scanner driver check.

The first time I realize graphical arrorin chrome, got a webGL error. But now I see flickering or color issues regardless in which application I am working.

I tried the newest driver, and also driver older than 8474. Also driver from Acer page which is from 2018.

While I am writing this here I get errors like pink block right to the writing box.

0 Kudos
Slawo
Beginner

Any news? I have another laptop with UHD 620 with no problems. Could it be maybe a hardware problem?

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Any updates ? Seen that the DWM memory leak bug was not affecting some old drivers but the problem was on the side of Microsoft and Microsoft has released a fix in their latest Dev channel build. Is this also related to Microsoft ? Or at least tell is there any news or update or progress in this issue ?

0 Kudos
mito
Beginner

I encounter the same problem and I have the same specs although I upgraded my ram to 16gb. I hope we can find a proper solution soon.

0 Kudos
Shanthosh
Beginner

Hello, I have seem to find a fix for this issue. On newer drivers, valorant seems to be heavily using the page file despite having lots of free ram.(12gb) . That explains why harddrive usage is always at 100% during play. Disabling page file fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
Fedesala
Beginner

hi @JensA i hope im not too late, i've just read all this thread and i noticed that when the support told you that they couldn't replicate the same issue they said they were using the Intel HD, and clearly you (and me both) have the UHD version, so they never replicated it because they were using another intel version that at the time it didn't have any problems, its been 4 months since i was able to play valorant, reading all of this i see that support stopped posting on this, the didn't even care anymore, only the thing thats left to do is going to an older version of the driver, hope that works

0 Kudos
Shanthosh
Beginner

I have an intel hd 620 and I have the same issue. Reverting the driver did fix it for me. Also Im pretty sure it only happens to people with HDDs.

0 Kudos
mito
Beginner

May I know what version of the driver did you revert it to?

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

You have to revert yours to version 8476 or older, so it depends on your pc manufacturer

0 Kudos
JLSQE
Beginner
I have the i58400 processor (intel 630 graphics) and I had the same problem. the 8476 driver works fine, but I don't know if there will be someone who has a better driver for the 630 series

0 Kudos
paulpraveen23
Beginner

Thank you very much for the detailed reports. 

0 Kudos
10nzin
Beginner

has anyone had any success with the newest version graphic driver? i dont want to update unless so, cuz its such a pain in the ass to downgrade DCH drivers cuz they aren't "backwards compatible." I tried to downgrade to 8476 but it just gives me an error saying "This driver being installed is not validated for this computer." 

0 Kudos
Shanthosh
Beginner

I tried the latest driver today, no luck.

0 Kudos
10nzin
Beginner

thank you for letting me know. any idea on how to downgrade my driver to 8476 and get past the error? it will not let me proceed with installation.

0 Kudos
10nzin
Beginner

Edit: was able to roll back to a version before 8476 and now can run the game as usual. i contacted riot suport a while ago and they didnt know what the problem was, so im guessing this one is on intel. 

0 Kudos
Faddy
Beginner

Hi @10nzin 

May I know what version did you roll back to for the game to run smoothly?

0 Kudos