Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20692 Discussions

Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620

JensA
Novice

Ever since upgrading the UHD 620 (i5 8250) drivers on my laptop, I've been having game-breaking stuttering whenever a 3d entity loads (which is almost constantly) in Valorant.

More details in the "Graphics bug report" form attached. 

Labels (1)
128 Replies
kobe24
Beginner

Created an account just to say thank you. Downgrading drivers to the mentioned version solved the issue

0 Kudos
repurges
Beginner

I have updated to the latest driver, downgraded to multiple driver versions and still crashes in game or lags and stutters. Is there any real way I can resolve this issue. I installed drivers from 1660, 8783,8681 below.

My specs for my computer is the following

intel i5 - 8250U CPU @ 1.60Ghz 4 cores 8 processors/processes

8 gb of ram

Intel UHD Graphics 620,

the model is a hp pavilion laptop, x64

if there is a possible solution for me, please reply and let me know as soon as possible, thanks!

ps - if one solution would be to transfer to a ssd, as for right now, i have difficulty purchasing one

thank you!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Kenshin
Beginner

If you check my posts I have tried HDD and SSD, Win10 and Win11, it doesn't matter. Something above this version 30.0.101.1191 seems to have affected games like Valorant and CSGO. I have even tried using the latest one right now 31.0.101.3222 and still the same. I don't feel the updates are designed for older CPUs. I'm on Intel NUC PAHi running on Win11 latest update and it's the same for an 11th Gen CPU with a max turbo of 4.1 ghz on M.2 SSD !!! lol. Downgrade to 30.0.101.1191 to free your soul from any of the hardships intel has brought upon us. Have mercy INTEL.

Please leave a like if it fixed your issue.

Good Luck

0 Kudos