Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Valorant Driver Issue

aditya_2610
Beginner

So i have intel iris xe graphics card,8gb ram i5 laptop and it somehow doesn't run Valorant smoothly. I can play other games at 60fps with very minimal stutters. But in Valorant i get insane FPS drops(60 to 1) at start of each game. It is like every time i do a new action in game it stutters but then it doesn't when i do the same action again. i have seen similar posts about this issue in the community and the solution was  downloading an old driver update. Can we still download that driver version because i don't want any display issues with my laptop. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. As a friendly reminder, you can try the steps and recommendations from thread:

This is a known issue and a dedicated Intel team is working on it, currently new updates and recommendations are posted there, as well as experiences from other users with the same issue. We can close this thread to avoid duplicate efforts, let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello aditya_2610

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following:

• Are other games affected? What games?
  • What drivers did you test already?
  • Steps to replicate this and screenshots/videos (if possible)
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
aditya_2610
Beginner

My first reply got deleted for some reason so im writing here again

1)No, other games run nice(no stutters,fps drops). i play CSGO and Rocket League without problems.

2) Current Driver Version-30.0.100.9864

I have also tried to install the old driver version which was said as temporary fix(27.20.100.8476) but im unable to install it as it says       operating  system not supported even though i have Win10.

3)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iaiHQjztlYQbCMM-icr9Km3JBBogfnbL/view?usp=sharing  (Video)

4)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qbxpi11UQuYG08vVCGwwxJZHBwULePiN/view?usp=sharing (SSU Report)

Please Reply with a solution quickly..

0 Kudos
aditya_2610
Beginner

1)No,other games are not affected. I play CSGO and Rocket League on my laptop and they run at 60fps.

2)Current Driver- 30.0.100.9864... I tried downloading the 27.20.100.8476 as it was said to be a temporary fix but when i tried to install it, it said operating system not supported even though i have win 10.

3)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iaiHQjztlYQbCMM-icr9Km3JBBogfnbL/view?usp=sharing 

Also after new update in Valorant, my fps dropping to 1 even in menu and its worse than last time.

4)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qbxpi11UQuYG08vVCGwwxJZHBwULePiN/view?usp=sharing     link for the scan...

Please Give a Solution for this ASAP.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

To install driver 27.20.100.8476, you need to complete a clean installation of the driver:

For more information please check article:

You can also check this thread where any relevant updates will be posted if available.:

Let us know if this thread can be closed to avoid duplication of efforts.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
aditya_2610
Beginner

I tried the clean installation method but it is still showing(operating system not supported) message

0 Kudos
aditya_2610
Beginner

Update- i downloaded another old driver version(27.20.100.8439)  but im still experiencing same fps stutters. But after i close the game, my display driver stops working and my screen starts flickering or crashes. I fixed it by  disabling my driver and enabling it again.

Also tried to download 27.20.100.8476 version but its still not working.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. As a friendly reminder, you can try the steps and recommendations from thread:

This is a known issue and a dedicated Intel team is working on it, currently new updates and recommendations are posted there, as well as experiences from other users with the same issue. We can close this thread to avoid duplicate efforts, let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos