Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Valorant intel hd 620 issues

Alex444
Beginner

Hi , i have some issues while playing valorant on intel hd 620 , mmy laptop is dell latitude 5480 , my problem is the game freeze some times while playing , i didn't have this issue last year and i saw in the forum many topics about the same problem , can you help me ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Alex444

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are aware of some issues with Valorant* on Driver version 27.20.100.8587 or higher. We have similar issues already reported and under investigation.

Please check the following link and community thread where we are working on this behavior with Valorant* and tracking these issues and posting more information and updates.

In order to check some details, could you please confirm the following?

1- Is the drive where the game is installed an HDD disk (mechanical drive) or an M.2/SSD drive?

2- Have you tested with the customized drivers provided by Dell*?

3- Have you tested with the latest Intel® driver 27.20.100.9466?

4- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alex444
Beginner

Hi , I have an HDD , my current intel 620 driver version is 27.20.100.9171 (no updates available)

i tried to install the 27.20.100.9466 but it shows this : ERROR: A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer

i sent the file that you asked me for (systemconfig.txt)

Best Regards

Alex

0 Kudos
Alex444
Beginner

Hi Andrew ,just to let you know that yesterday i installed the driver 26.20.100.8142 for my intel hd 620 , i found the driver on Dell website , and actually the game is running fine , not a single lag or freeze , so i can tell that the problem is the new version of the driver 

Regards 

Alex 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Alex444

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that the game is running fine with driver 26.20.100.8142 from Dell* website. This workaround is similar to the one we suggest in the article Frame Rate Issues with Valorant on Driver Version 27.20.100.8587 or Higher ("... rolling back to driver 27.20.100.8476")

The error message "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer" primarily occurs when the currently installed driver on the system is non-DCH. In order to be able to test with the latest Intel® generic driver, could you please try the following steps and report back the outcome?

1- Download the latest driver update .exe file from this link and save the file on the computer: Intel® HD Graphics 620 Driver Version 27.20.100.9466.

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

4- Expand the section Display adapters and look for the Intel Graphics entry in Device Manager.

5- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.

6- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

7- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.

8- Open Device Manager once more.

9- Very Important: Expand the Display Adapter section again:

• If the graphics entry still displays Intel® HD Graphics 620 or similar, repeat steps 5-7.
  • If the graphics entry displays Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, run the previously downloaded .exe file to install the driver.

10- Reboot the computer when prompted.

If the behavior with the game persists once you are able to install driver 27.20.100.9466, please let us know the outcome and in the meantime, you may roll back to driver 26.20.100.8142 from Dell*.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Alex444
Beginner

Hi Andrew 

I installed the new driver by following the steps ( and i ckecked the version of my intel hd after and it's 27.20.100.9466 ), but the result is quit disappointing  : input lags, fps drop to 0 , the screen freeze between 2- 6 seconds specially in the first 7 rounds , but after playing many rounds the lags are less , maybe at it takes too long to load the map or something like that because when i walk in a place that i didn't walk the previous rounds , the game freeze . 

So Meanwhile i'm gonna reinstall the old driver and wait for an update from you.

Regards.

Alex

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Alex444

Thank you for your response. Please allow us to look into this and we will be posting more details as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Alex444

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We would like to inform you that Intel has investigated this issue and was unable to reproduce it on multiple system configurations including laptops, Intel® NUCs, etc. Most users agree the performance on newer drivers is better when using SSDs (solid-state drive) vs. mechanical hard drives (HDD) so we suggest switching to an SSD or keep and use an older driver (as the one that is working for you 26.20.100.8142) until the computer manufacturer (OEM) comes up with a permanent fix.

One additional step you may try is a clean operating system (OS) install to rule out conflict with third-party updates.

Finally, we recommend keep checking the thread Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620 so you may review the different outcomes provided by the other community peers where they confirmed that the game is working properly in different systems using the same graphics card and drivers. Having said that, please kindly let us know if you agree to close this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Alex444

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos