Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Very Low FPS (around 1 to 3) in Chrome and other apps using Skia render

minusium
Beginner

Hey. I have a laptop with two GPUs, Intel UHD and a dedicated GPU. It has Core i5 10th gen CPU (1035G1).

I have this problem since July. Right now I'm running Windows 11 2200.100 but It was there on Windows 10 21H1, too.

I just installed latest driver with Windows 11 support and it didn't fixed this problem.

When using Intel GPU, Chrome and other Chromium-based browser, Electron-based apps, and Flutter apps have very low fps. All of them use Google's Skia render.

They work fine when I set them to use dedicated graphic card.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello minusium

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Steps to replicate the problem
  • Driver versions tested
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
minusium
Beginner
  • Just open chrome, or other apps based on Skia engine.
  • v30.0.100.9684, V27.20.100.9565, V27.20.100.9365,
  • Attached as file
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update, just for testing please try the Intel generic drivers posted on Download center:

We are working on this request, let us know the update to continue with the investigation.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

David G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos