Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Very slow brightness change respond

HAlab
Beginner

I have Intel® UHD Graphics 620 "driver version 23.20.16.4973". I realized that after a while or after setting the PC to Sleep mode, the brightness control becomes very unresponsive "kind of not working properly". It's just sticking at a brightness level and never change. How to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like a hardware problem. Is this a laptop or desktop?

Doc

0 Kudos
HAlab
Beginner

It's a laptop "Acer Swift 5". I don't think that it's a hardware problem because my friend has a Lenovo laptop, he has the same problem.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Are you using the acer driver, or the intel driver? You should be using the acer provided driver.

Doc

0 Kudos
HAlab
Beginner

I am using the one provided from Acer, downloaded it from their website. As I said many other friends have the same problem. Any suggestion? Maybe the driver has been updated by Windows Updates so, is there a way to downgrade it?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What processor model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
HAlab
Beginner

Acer Swift SF315-52G

Intel® Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz

Intel® UHD Graphics 620

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, you have an 8th gen processor. Now, you should use only the drivers provided by Acer. That said, you can try the latest/greatest DCH driver from Intel, which can be found here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28816?product=124967

Make sure you have a backup. That said, probably nothing bad will happen.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

I just found this:

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/22680-acer-swift-3sf315-52g-review/

Look under "The Bad"

Doc

0 Kudos
APols1
New Contributor I

I am on Windows 10 1903 Update. Months ago there was an issue where screen brightness did NOT change from battery to plugged in. They finally fixed that on an older version 1809 back in December. Is very similar to your issue. After a RECENT Update last week the ISSUE has returned. It appears that Windows and Intel know about it BUT no one seems to know IF and when they will fix it THIS TIME.

brightness issues.png

If you have windows REPORT your issue to Feedback Hub and maybe someone will do something

0 Kudos