Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20902 Discussions

Video Driver Failure

burguv07
Beginner

I have a problem with my Inspiron 5402, it loses the video and for it to work I have to disable the driver, I have already tried to download, upgrade the driver version and nothing, when I activate and update the screen goes black, what can I do?

Driver Version:

Intel Iris Xe Graphics 31.0.101.5186

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Did you downloaded drivers from the DELL  site?  If not, try this.

Leon

0 Kudos
burguv07
Beginner
Yes I did directly from Dell support site.
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Burguv07,

Thank you for posting in our communities. 

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, complete model of your system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file. 

We look forward to your response! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
burguv07
Beginner

Hello A Carmona

Atach te SSu support.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Burguv07,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Burguv07,

Thank you so much for providing us with your SSU.

For a possible solution, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Roll back the current graphics driver. For more information, visit How to Roll Back a Driver to a Previous Version in Windows® 10 and Windows 11*.
    1. Simultaneously press the Windows X keys on your keyboard. Select Device Manager.
    2. Expand display adapters.
    3. Double-click your Intel® display device.
    4. Select the driver tab.
    5. Click Roll Back Driver to restore.
  2. If step 1 did not work, perform clean installation of the graphics driver, then install our latest graphics driver, 31.0.101.5590.

And if the issue persists, please provide the following details:

1. A new-generated SSU, as I will escalate the case with our engineers so they can further investigate the issue.

2. When did the issue start, and have you made any changes before the issue occurred? This will somehow help with determining the root cause of the issue.

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
burguv07
Beginner

Hello,

I performed the rollback procedure and clean installation of the new driver, and when I restarted the PC the screen went black again, I had to disable the device to be able to Windows, what can I do?

I attach the new SSU

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Burguv07,

Thank you so much for performing the troubleshooting steps that we have recommended.

I will now raise the case with our engineers for further investigation, and I will get back to you as soon as I have their response.

Thank you so much for your efforts and patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Burguv07,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

In order to assist us in resolving the issue more effectively, we would like to ask for the following information:

1. Could you share when you first noticed the issue occurring?

2. Does the laptop screen turn black when the graphics card is enabled? If so, how are you able to view the display? Are you utilizing an external monitor?

For further diagnostic steps, please consider consulting the following resources:

1. How to Resolve Issue with Black Screen While Using the System with Integrated Graphics

2. How to Troubleshoot Display or Video Issues on a Dell Laptop

If the the problem persist, even after using the Dell-provided driver, it may be advisable to reach out to Dell Support. There is a possibility that the issue could be specific to the Dell computer itself.

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Burguv07,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

By the way, we highly recommend that you reach out to Dell Support if the issue still persists, since this might already be related to a hardware issue.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos