Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Visual screen bugs with Arc A770

Xaturas
Beginner

Hey there,

attached is a video of a visual bug I have been encountering since installing a new Arc A770 (ignore the audio, no clue what happened, lol).

This bug occurs mostly (but not always) in full-screen apps and games. Sometimes it also happens in windowed programs where the visual bug occurs solely inside the window, not on the desktop behind it, for example.

It's more prevalent when watching videos or if something moves in-game.

Already tried:

DDO drivers

only one monitor

deactivated variable syncing

BIOS is up2date

Specs:

WIN10

Arc A770

AMD Ryzen 5

Asus PRIME A320 Mainboard

2 AOC Screens (27B1 - 1920x1080, Q27G2 - 2560x1440) 

Would love some help! Let me know if you need further information.

-X

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Xaturas, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I have some additional questions here based on the video that you have sent. May I please know what is the port that you have used in this display configuration? Did you use converters as well? Please also let us know of the monitor model. Additionally, please send us the SSU logs of your system so we can be more familiar with the configuration. You may download it at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html Also, have you made any changes in your system before the visual bug started occur? Feel free to reply to this post so we can take a look at it for you. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Xaturas
Beginner

Hello Ramyer,

I've just had a BSOD with the error message Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error. Does that help?

I am using an HDMI-cable for my AOC 27B1 screen and an DP cable for my AOC Q27G2 screen.

I am not using any converters.

The only change i made was a new power-supply and the ArcA770, I've upgraded from my old 1080 Ti.

I've added the SSU.

-X

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Xaturas,

Thank you for sending us the logs. I can confirm that your graphics driver is up to date as well.

To help me identify the root-cause of the issue let me know if this bug is visible only on 1 of the 2 monitors you have or in both.

Can you see any visual bug if you go into the system BIOS/UEFI?

I'm leaning more towards the hardware side, so for testing purposes try swapping HDMI and DP cables and if you have a PCIe Riser cable try connecting the card directly to the PCIe x16 port.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Xaturas
Beginner

Hi, sorry for the delayed answer, i wasnt at home for a few days.

The Visual-Problem ist happening on both screens, but i hadnt had the problem in my BIOS yet. Its more prevelant if i use applications in full-screen and switching from borderless window to native fullscreen seems to help at times, but not always.

i havent switched the HDMI and DP cables, BUT i tested both on my X-Box, PS, Laptop in combination with those monitors and had no problems at all. If that doesnt help, I'll order two cables and test it with them.

Thanks again!

-X

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Xaturas,

I am just following up about the information we have asked in my previous post. Please feel free to reply it in this post. I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Xaturas, 

Thank you for letting us know. Since the issue did not happen with other system, there is no need for you to order two other cables. By the way, is your resizable bar enabled in your BIOS? The reason I ask is because we received the same issue that you have and a new BIOS update disabled the resizable bar. Would you confirm if yours's is enabled? Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Xaturas
Beginner

Hi Ramyer,

i dont think so. I just tried to check for Resizeable Bar but couldnt find the settings in my BIOD where they should be. I double checked: My Bios is 100% up to date.

Do you know why i dont see that option?

Thanks

-X

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Xaturas, 

Regarding the location of the Resizable Bar, Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited as we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. Nonetheless, you may try following the steps at this link to enable or confirm if the Resizable Bar is enabled: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090831/graphics.html

If you are still unable to enable it, it is best to reach out to your Original Equipment Manufacturer which is ASUS for this step. You may reach out to them using this link: https://www.asus.com/support

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Xaturas
Beginner

Hello Ramyer,

thank you for all your suggestions. After digging a bit it seems my Mainboard wasnt up-to-date, despite telling me so in the BIOS-Overview. After re-installing the correct drivers i was able to enable Resizeable Bar. As of now i cant reproduce any of the above problems. Ill test it a few days and report back if i encounter the issue again!

Much love!

-X

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Xaturas, 

Thank you for letting us know. May I ask, what BIOS version did you upgrade to? Can you post a screenshot of the BIOS overview that you are seeing as well just so we can be more familiar with what you are seeing.

I agree with your approach to monitor the system as it is the best way to check if the update worked. Feel free to let us know if the issue reappear again. and we will investigate this further for you. I will be waiting for your reply 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Xaturas
Beginner

Hello Ramyer,

i haven't had the issue since updating the BIOS manually. (Version 6210). Somehow the Updater-Tool within my MB did not find the update via the integrated Internet-access. Simply DL-ing the driver to my hard-drive and updating it from there worked just fine.

Thanks again for the time and effor! 🙂

Case (hopyfully) closed.

-X

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Xaturas, 

I am happy to hear that the BIOS update was able to fix the issue. It is good practice to update your BIOS once an issue is present in your system as an update improves stability. You may also find this articles helpful in the future: 

For now , I will proceed in closing this case, should you need further assistance, feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for engaging in our community. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos