Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

WDDM Version of Iris Plus 655?

gawainxr
Beginner

Can someone please share what version of WDDM the Iris Plus 655 has per DXDIAG on Windows 11?

I need to know this as a planned build has a hard requirement.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello gawainxr,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some inquiries related to the Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655.

WDDM architecture is a combination of graphics hardware and drivers. WDDM support cannot be added to older platforms with drivers if the graphics hardware did not include the architecture to support it.

1. 6th Generation Intel Processor graphics and products are formerly known as Apollo Lake will support WDDM2.1 only, with no new features.

2. Products formerly Gemini Lake will support WDDM2.5 only, with no new features

You can see further information in the following links:

1. Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics and Windows 8*/8.1*: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005483/graphics.html

2. Graphics Driver Support Update for 10th Generation and Older Intel Processor Graphics: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091662/graphics.html

If you have any questions, let me know.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
gawainxr
Beginner
How about comet lake, specifically i5-8279U?
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello gawainxr,

We appreciate the information you have shared.

It is important to mention that the WDDM version relies on the graphics driver and Operating System installed on your unit. Based on your question, with Windows 11, its WDDM version is 3.0 and 3.1. 

If your system has installed our latest version for your Intel®️ Iris®️ Plus Graphics 655 (31.0.101.2115), you are running WDDM 3.1, as identified in the first two driver digits. For further information, check our article "Understanding the Intel® Graphics Driver Version Number.".

Best regards, 

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello gawainxr,

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello gawainxr,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos