Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Water rendering is broken in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

RRaab
Novice

The suggested solution is to turn anti aliasing off but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Turning water effects off in game works around the glitching but then I lose water effects.

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 with 24.20.100.6094 drivers. On Windows 10 Build 17134.

I added Report in reply with SSU, DXDIAG, and driver ID screenshot

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RRaab
Novice

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Water Effects are not rendering properly

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%)

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Skull Canyon Nuc

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

HP Pavilion 27bw

How much memory [RAM] in the system (<span style="...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DarthHaro,

I understand that you are facing rendering issues when playing Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time.

Based on the reports that you attached, and the brief description of your issue we noticed that you are running Microsoft* Windows 10 Home, with our Intel® Iris™ Pro 580.

While checking the requirements of the game we noticed that the game will run only on older OS's (Windows® 2000/XP (only).

Based on Ubisoft's endorsement, they do not guarantee the game to run or even render properly on newer operating systems, as the driver requirements for the graphic controller and game specifications are way too old for machines that are running beyond than the requirements of the game.

You can check that on Ubisofts's and Steam's webpage:

https://support.ubi.com/es-MX/Faqs/000009011/Minimum-Requirements-PC-POPSOT?fallback=en_US https://support.ubi.com/es-MX/Faqs/000009011/Minimum-Requirements-PC-POPSOT?fallback=en_US

https://store.steampowered.com/app/13600/Prince_of_Persia_The_Sands_of_Time/ https://store.steampowered.com/app/13600/Prince_of_Persia_The_Sands_of_Time/

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

My apologies for the inconvenience that this may cause.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RRaab
Novice

Looks like disabling AA for NVIDIA/AMD cards fixes the issue, hopefully a solution for Intel GPUs is found.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DarthHaro,

Thank you for your response

In this case, another thing that you can try is to turn off the Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing option.

You need to do right click on your desktop>click on graphic properties> 3D>Turn Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing off>reboot your machine.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RRaab
Novice

That doesn't work, disabling MSAA might be an AMD/Nvidia only workaround. I attached image of disabled MSAA in intel graphic driver settings for the game in question.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DarthHaro

Thank you for your response.

We will perform further research regarding your inquiry, we cannot guarantee that a solution will be found, however we will escalate the case even if the game is not validated for your system.

We are here to serve, we will contact you back as soon as we have news.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DarthHaro,

Thank you for your patience

We would like to follow the recommendation from our escalated team, please of ahead and try running the game on Compatibility mode either Windows XP or Windows 7.

Please monitor the results and let us know the outcome, as the game is no intended to run on Windows* 10.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RRaab
Novice

Windows 7 mode doesn't solve the issue and Windows XP mode causes an error shown in attached image.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DarthHaro,

Thank you for your response.

Since this is an older game running on a platform that the developer is not recommending this could very well cause compatibility issues. We'll look into it but we cannot guarantee that a fix will be released anytime soon.

We will reach you back as soon as we have news.

Regards,

Diego S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DarthHaro

Thank you for your waiting.

We really appreciate your time when reporting this issue to us.

In this case, I regret to inform you that we were not able to proceed any further with your request.

As shared before and based on Ubisoft's endorsement, they do not guarantee the game to run or even render properly on newer operating systems, as the driver requirements for the graphic controller and game specifications are way too old for machines that are running beyond than the requirements of the game, such as your system.

Then only compatible operating systems for such an old game will be Windows® 2000/XP.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos