Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20712 Discussions

Webcam showing name as OV02C10. Any way to change or plan to update?

Ntardif
Beginner

Hello,

We have a webcam on our staff PCs using the Intel driver for the camera sensor. This is is causing it to show "OV02C10" as its name inside of applications which is not user friendly.

Is there a way to change that name or any plans to update the driver to give it a friendly name?

Computers are Dell Latitude 7440.

Dell does not provide their own driver and the default driver comes from Intel.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=camera+sensor+ov02c10

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Not an Intel product as far as I know.   More likely, you should be checking here:

https://www.ovt.com/products/ov02c/

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, it's a camera supported by Intel AVStream Camera driver. Mine identifies itself as OV9734.

...S

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ntardif  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will do my best to assist you here. 

In order to do some research on this, please provide us with a screenshot of where are you seeing the device name "OV02C10", and run the following utility and attach the report to have more information about your system: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ntardif        

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Here is where I found it (Zoom Video Settings).

...S

0 Kudos
Ntardif
Beginner

Sorry about the slow response! Here is the scan file and a screenshot of it using an Intel driver. This is the same driver that gets auto installed from Windows update for this camera.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ntardif  

No worries, thank you for the information provided. 

Please allow me some time to do some research on this. As soon as I have updates, I will let you know. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ntardif  

Thank you for your time. 

Device naming is placed based on OS-device compatibility and drivers, we recommend you to contact your System Manufacturer for assistance as the best way to proceed. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need further assistance with other matters, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos