A few questions, please help?
1.) Can my HD Graphics 4600(in ThinkPad T540P) do these all at the same time:
- MiniDisplayPort(it IS 1.2, right?) : a 28" 3840 x 2160 @60hz;
- Notebook's built-in display (1920 x 1080);
- HDMI port: A lesser monitor, say 1280 x 1024.
I'm asking because the max resolution is 3840 x 2160. So does that mean that I'd be using it all up on the huge monitor, with nothing left to use for the internal or the lesser?
This might be complicated because it's in a notebook with limited power, but I hope not.
2.) That huge monitor, what color depth would the 4600 give? 10-Bits Per Color? 8-Bits per Color plus FRC (which simulates 10bpc)?
3.) IF the color depth from the card is less than the huge monitor's, will that cause un-pleasantries?:
- Weird Color artifacts because the card doesn't feed the screen what it needs?
- Increased Latency - as the monitor translates UP TO (or DOWN FROM) 8-bpc and does FRC?
- Other problems?
Thank you for your help.
I have a brief chance to get a great monitor, but I want to make sure the graphics card can support it!
1. The Intel® HD graphics 4600 supports the following resolutionsGraphics OutputeDP/DP/HDMI/VGAMax Resolution (HDMI 1.4)‡3840x2160@60HzMax Resolution (DP)‡3840x2160@60HzMax Resolution (VGA)‡2880x1800@60Hz
2. Color depth supported 16bit and 32bit and using the monitor as Clone or Extended mode will use any if the supported modes.
3. We have been able to connect Ultra high definition monitors and 4k monitors without any problems, obtaining a really high-quality video.
Hope this information is helpful.
Please do let me know if you need further assistance with your Intel product, I will be glad to assist you.
I have same laptop with same graphics. Im triying to get 3840 x 2160 @60hz but it only gives 30hz.
I tried many thing, different cable, different monitor, different pc with cables and monitors. The problem is with my laptop with no doubt.
Is there a problem with my mini displayport or do i have a software issiue.
By the way all my drivers are updated but i cant upgrade my grapichs card from intel. It says :"A customized computer manufacturer software has been installed on your computer. The Intel Driver and Support Assistant are unable to update the driver.". But i got the latest update from lenovo.
Late reply but hope someone can help.