Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Error: "Si è verificato un errore durante il tentativo di scansione".

Paul9180
Beginner

Hi everybody!

Every time i start Intel DSA to obtain a download of new versions for my drivers, appear the error in subject (An error occurred while trying to scan).

I already sent a request last june and already did all of these instructions:

1- Ensure both the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show status of Running.

In Windows Search, type Services and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't Running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start.

2- Check to see if any Windows* updates are pending.

3- Restart the system.

If the behavior persists, please clear the browser cache, close the browser, and then try rescanning Intel® DSA ensuring the browser being used is Firefox, Chrome, or Edge Legacy.

If this doesn't result in the Intel® DSA scan working correctly, try the following:

Uninstall the existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) tool in the system using the Uninstaller tool. Download and install the latest Intel® DSA version 22.3.20.6

I'm using Firefox Mozilla like browser (acer-002 - 2.0), in Windows 10.

I don't have any ads blocking or script blocking for Intel site.

I'm using McAfee Antivirus (version 16.0-R50).

I attach files in box below to help you the assistance.

Thank you very much, best regards!

Paolo ‌‌🇮🇹

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Paul9180

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel® DSA tool, I will gladly assist you here. 

We appreciate the information provided and troubleshooting done until now, I will proceed to investigate further. 

As soon as I have updates, I will post them here right away. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Paul9180
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Paul9180

Thank you for your time. 

We noticed that you have an Acer System in your report, please be aware that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) can detect and offer upgrades for many of the drivers and software that are available on our Intel Download Center, so if you have an Intel product that isn't supported by this tool before using Intel® DSA, you need to visit this page to ensure your product is compatible with this utility.  

You can see here the Common Reasons why the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) isn't Finding your Hardware

Along with this information, we recommend checking with your Laptop manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

As additional information, they may also have their own customized driver update tool that was designed for your system. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos