Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

What exactly does Application Optimal Mode do and...

KMcBr
Novice

Two questions really:

1) What exactly does Application Optimal Mode do in the HD4400 ?

Could it make things run worse in some cases?

2) What exactly is the difference in the 3D settings between Performance Mode, Balanced Mode and Quality Mode?

Can I use custom to achieve any of those presets, or do they do more? When I say difference I mean more detail than the existing help text.

Does performance turn off hidden features and if so what features, vs the others modes. Thank you. I had a hard time finding any details by searching.

Maybe there is a way for me to find out myself, and if so I appreciate the help. Maybe they are listed in the registry maybe?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JEFFREY_F_Intel
Employee

Application Optimal Mode enables some application specific optimizations. This is similar in concept to the per-game profiles/optimizations applied by AMD or NVidia. Normally you should leave this enabled for best game performance and to allow driver to work around some game bugs.

KMcBr
Novice

Thank you also. Ya I was hoping there was more specifics available, but I will just keep it on 🙂

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Kevi

You can also click the "ToolTips" ( ? circled in red) to get additional information about each setting.

0 Kudos
KMcBr
Novice

Thanks, the help is so generic, so wasn't sure. Was hopeful the help would have given more details.

0 Kudos