Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

What happened to the Ronald Intel moderated forum: " Do any Intel integrated graphics support MPEG4 Copy-once video?"

BMaie2
Novice

While some of the users were asking about Windows 7, the problem exists on Windows 10 as well. I have been clear in pointing this out. When I submitted a report on this problem it was subsumed into the above. If there is a solution please show me.

1 Solution
Bryce_Intel

Hi @BMaie2​ 

We've attempted to replicate the issue on 8th Gen with Windows 10 April 2018 Update and 6444 and 6577 and were unable to see any issue. All channels and programs were viewable. To be clear this is the same issue we were able to repro on Windows 7 MCE.

When the Windows 7 issue was found, many reports of it came in from different support channels, though no one else has reported this on Windows 10 other than you. At this time we’re considering this a single unit failure and closing the case until it is reported by others and we can get more configuration/failure data to assist in replication.

The link to the Windows 7 thread is below. No one has confirmed the driver working but people rarely write back for good news, though no one has said it’s not working either which is not typical if it’s still failing:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490YirSAE/do-any-intel-integrated-graphics-support-mpeg4-copyonce-video

.:Bryce:.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello BMaie2, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. As requested in the thread: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490YirSAE/do-any-intel-integrated-graphics-support-mpeg4-copyonce-video, send a Private Message to Ronald_Intel for details in this matter. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BMaie2
Novice

When I click that link I get an 'OOPS!' error.

This may have a common link/cause to why I can't see the above forum either from my original URL address.

Intel Oops.png

BMaie2
Novice

second, I have not figured out how to DM Ronald Intel.

third, I realize this is not your fault, but asking me to look at a post that I can't see

and then do a thing I don't know how to do,

when the most efficient use of Intel Resources would be for you to inform me of what Ronald would have told me.

And, you would have a happier customer. I used to purchase AMD Cpus. Maybe I made a mistake in switching from them. They have a reason to create happy customers, Intel does not seem to need that.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel
Hello, The thread in question is https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490YirSAE however it is very specific to 4th and 5th Generation hardware and Windows 7. For this one we'll be releasing a BETA driver soon but only for the aforementioned OS and platforms. As far as I know, the same dev team tested streaming protected content using newer platforms (6th generation and newer) on Windows 10 and it worked correctly. Since this is not your case, please let us know all the details of your issue using the template located here: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490AGdSAM/ Note: I noticed that you already provided some information in the previous thread, but we'll appreciate if you can revisit using the template provided above. Best Regards, Ronald M.
0 Kudos
BMaie2
Novice
I am attaching the template response, how to reproduce the problem as a separate file, DXDIAG.txt and SSU.txt Please let me know if I need to do something different or additional. If you could not reproduce the problem with Windows 10 perhaps the logs will provide a clue. Thank you for getting back to me. (Note that the machine I am sending this from is an ordinary Intel NUC 7i7BNH, but quite a number (not all enumerated in the SSU) connections. Bruce P.S. I am now retired but spent my career in computing, writing programs in 1968 and continuing by getting a Computer Science degree in 1976.
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Can you please double check the file? I am unable see it. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BMaie2
Novice
I am not sure which file you are referring to. I did mention to you that I could not reach the original thread I was watching/participating in. The URL was: https://communities.intel.com/thread/105889?start=45&tstart=0 The files that I sent yesterday for documenting the configuration where the issue occurred and the steps taken are attached below. If these are not what you are looking for, please reply with additional details to help me locate what you are referring to. Bruce Maier
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
I am looking for the files Ronald requested, you mentioned you attached them but I do not see them in this thread. Use the 'Attach file' option in your reply box to attach. Thanks. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BMaie2
Novice

I didn't understand and was attaching the files to the reply to your email.

Now I realize you want them here --

I am having trouble attaching multiple files, so I zipped them into a single file.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Thanks Bruce. I will check that information and update the thread as soon as possible. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BMaie2
Novice

10 days have passed since you last told me that you would update the thread. In that I was asking for status, I anticipated a quick response. I would expect to be told that either: (1) This issue is being worked ; (2) This issue is not being worked, but there is an expectation that resources will be assigned in <specify time frame>; or (3) Nothing is going on now, and I should not expect any effort, let alone resolution, in the near term. MIND YOU, this problem was addressed for Windows 7, whereas my issues are with the currently shipping OS - Windows 10, on Intel Hardware that is presently shipping. Would it help if I raise the level of attention to this issue by writing to Intel Executives? I first wrote about this issue occurring in Windows 10 quite a while ago, had my concern merged with the Windows 7 issue, and then the thread disappeared, with nary a trace. I had a prior issue with Intel DSA for which the response was totally inadequate, suggesting that I reinstall the OS and all applications to fix a problem with your application. While I was able to identify a solution (which I passed on to Intel support), in this case I have not found a remedy on my own. Right now, Intel DSA does not even notice that my Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) Audio Controller is unable to start (error code 10). I have held off reporting that in that I am able to work around it. Is my experience typical of Intel Support? Again, should I contact Intel Executive Management to have the necessary resources applied to my Intel graphics difficulty? Please advise - in the near term.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
I am sorry I did not post any updates. We still looking into this. Please, check your inbox I would like to confirm with you some of your private details. So, it is best if we do that privately to keep safe your information.. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Hi BMaie2 We are currently looking into this issue, it may take some time but we will keep you informed on any progress we make. Thanks, Ronny G
0 Kudos
BMaie2
Novice

What does that answer mean? Are you actively trying to reproduce the problem on Windows 10? Are you searching to see if anyone else is working on the issue? Are you looking at the solution created for Windows 7 and determining whether it would be applicable to Windows 10? I realize that some of these steps would take time, but so far, the information provided by Intel representatives has been disappointing. Because the original thread disappeared, I do not even know if you fixed the problem for Windows 7. Can you at least tell me that? Pretty Please?

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Hi @BMaie2​ 

We've attempted to replicate the issue on 8th Gen with Windows 10 April 2018 Update and 6444 and 6577 and were unable to see any issue. All channels and programs were viewable. To be clear this is the same issue we were able to repro on Windows 7 MCE.

When the Windows 7 issue was found, many reports of it came in from different support channels, though no one else has reported this on Windows 10 other than you. At this time we’re considering this a single unit failure and closing the case until it is reported by others and we can get more configuration/failure data to assist in replication.

The link to the Windows 7 thread is below. No one has confirmed the driver working but people rarely write back for good news, though no one has said it’s not working either which is not typical if it’s still failing:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490YirSAE/do-any-intel-integrated-graphics-support-mpeg4-copyonce-video

.:Bryce:.

0 Kudos