Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

What is Windows Update trying to offer me for my Intel HD Graphics 4600 adapter?

TRuss1
Beginner

I have a PC running 64 bit Windows 7 SP1. The PC has a GIGABYTE motherboard with an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 adapter. For some months now, Microsoft Windows Update has been offering me an optional update with the title:

"Intel Corporation – Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Intel® HD Graphics 4600"

However, my PC already has the latest driver that is available from the GIGABYTE Web site. Does anyone know what Windows Update is trying to offer me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the graphics community.

I understand you are getting messages to get the latest video drivers from Windows Updates program.

At this point, I am afraid Intel does not have control about Microsoft updates, we do not know the version they are trying to install but I do know that our latest version available is 3621.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23885&lang=eng&ProdId=3720 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23885&lang=eng&ProdId=3720

Allan.

0 Kudos
TRuss1
Beginner

Thank you for the reply.

Your assumption is not quite correct. I don't know the nature of what Windows Update is offering me - I don't know whether it is a driver or something else. Whatever it is, it is carrying Intel's name, so presumably the code comes from Intel. I'm a little surprised that you don't recognise what it is.

I appreciate that you have no control of what Microsoft offers on Windows Update.

Anyway, I never accept drivers from Windows Update. I believe it is generally safer to download and install drivers for your motherboard from the motherboard manufacturer's Web site - GIGABYTE's Web site in my case. I'm just annoyed at continually being offered this update. I could hide the update, but I would like to understand what it is first.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information. If you need to know about drivers downloaded from Windows Update program, you need to check with Microsoft because their versions might be different from Intel's web site.

Allan.

0 Kudos