Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

When Intel is going to release new drivers for Radeon Vega M ? The latest driver is more then one year old

User1585135715166938

Some new games are not working, but this chip is powerfull enough to work with them. For example newly release Doom Eternal is not working (it requires Vulkan 1.2 that is not available in outdated drivers). AMD recently releases Adrenaline drivers for their cards, looks like intel forgot about support of this card that is gaming grade. I'm using Dell XPS15 9575 laptop with Radeon Vega M GL graphics

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You get the driver directly from AMD.

Doc

0 Kudos
User1585135715166938

I have tried latest AMD adrenaline driver, is it officially supported on Radeon Vega M now ?

It can be installed only if Intel's old Vega M driver was installed before. It is strange. If I uninstall Intel Radeon driver and trying to make fresh install of AMD adrenaline - it says that no compatible devices found. Also There are no words about Vega M on ADM website. When choosing card for driver download there is only Vega 64 and Vega 56 that is not the same as Vega M.

Looks like AMD adrenaline do not support Vega M correctly.

Anyway, I tried AMD adrenaline latest driver (20.3.1) - Doom Eternal is not working, black screen appears on 2 secs after launch and process ends. This game is officially supported by that driver.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I cannot tell you why dell has not stated this on their driver page for your device.

Intel has posted it on their page for the Intel NUCs

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28600?product=147502

I go here to get the driver:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-64

I suggest you work with Dell on this issue.

Doc

0 Kudos
User1585135715166938

I have asked on Dell Community,

Are you using NUC system with Vega M ? Is Doom Eternal working on your system ?:)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I installed the driver successfully from the link provided.

I do not play games.

Doc

0 Kudos