Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

When my screen connected to a NUC6i5SYH using Windows 10 wakes up after sleep all windows are resized and moved like if it was half resolution.

idata
Employee

Anyone having un answer?

0 Kudos
30 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

In order to better assist you we just need to verify a few details:

Did the NUC worked fine before, or this problem happens since day one?

Did you try to restore the BIOS to defaults?

A BIOS update is always recommended, do you know the BIOS version on the NUC?

Did you install all the drivers including the latest graphics driver?

Could you please take a screen shoot of the NUC, so we can see how it looks like when it wakes up from sleep?

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

I just wanted to check if you saw the information requested on the previous post?

It will be really helpful for us to get those details in order to further assist you.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Since I asked the question things have changed. I have made no changes what so ever. You asked in your first answer for a screen shot and when trying to do that I could not recreate the error.

Today I discovered that when I use exstended and a window is open on the extension when power saver closes the screens. When starting again the window from the extension has been moved to the original screen without resizing.

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

Thank you very much for that information.

In order for us to better assist you we need the information requested below:

A BIOS update is always recommended, do you know the BIOS version on the NUC?

Here you can see the instructions of how to do the BIOS update using the F7 method:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005724.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005724.html

And here you have the .BIO file that you need to do the BIOS update to the latets version 0045:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26097/BIOS-Update-SYSKLi35-86A-?product=89190 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26097/BIOS-Update-SYSKLi35-86A-?product=89190

Did you install all the drivers including the latest graphics driver, 4474?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88358 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88358

Do you know the model of the monitors?

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have latest BIOS and drivers. Problem still remain.

Using two Samsung SyncMaster P2470.

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

Thank you very much for those updates.

Which video ports are you using, how are you connecting the monitors?

Which resolution are you using?

If you test it with one monitor, is the problem the same?

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Today suddenly all problems are back again.

Answers to your questions:

Did the NUC....Problem was there from start. All but window move from extended screen ever after graphict drive update 4474. The day after last problem disapeared. Today all are back as it was from the beginning.

Did you try...No BIOS did not work from start, could not update BIOS until 0045.

Which resolution... 1920 x 1080.

If you test...Yes.

Any questions...How can I make it work properly?

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

Are you using a high quality HDMI cable?

That is very important, there are versions 1.4 and 2.0.

On the following link you can see one of them:

https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-6ft-Connectors-PlayStation/dp/B00NQ9OQU2/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1470425721&sr=1-8-spons&keywords=cable+matters+hdmi+high+quality&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-6ft-Connectors-PlayStation/dp/B00NQ9OQU2/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1470425721&sr=1-8-spons&keywords=cable+matters+hdmi+high+quality&psc=1

That is just an option, there are many different cables.

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Any questions please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am using a HDMI cable, I guess 1.4 for my main screen it worked without problems when used with my old computer a Fujitsu Esprimo Q9000. For the extension I used a DVI cable. With the NUC I use a display port to HDMi cable for the extension. The problem existed with only main monitor connected before I had the new cable.

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You asked for a screenshoot:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

Thank you very much for providing the screenshot.

On the graphics properties, do you see the option: Maintain Display Scaling, is that option enable?

I will try to get the same model of the NUC you are using, in order to replicate the problem.

As soon as I get any results, I will post all the details on this thread.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

I just wanted to let you know that I tried to replicate the issue, using the same model of the NUC you have, but I was not able to replicate it, the NUC worked fine for me.

On the graphics properties, do you see the option: Maintain Display Scaling, is that option enable?

Also I wanted to verify if the problem is still happening or the NUC is working fine now?

Alberto
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, the property "Maintain Display Scaling" is enabled, and has been the whole time.

The resizeing of the windows has not happened since I took the screen shoot.

The issue of moving windows from the extended to the first screen happens several times a day.

I have also noted that the taskbar sometimes appear on both screens and sometimes on the first screen only.

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Christer_Lundhag:

Thank you very much once again for letting us know those details.

At this point we are going to do an investigation on this case, in order to try to find a possible resolution for this problem.

As an option, you can always try to do a firmware update on the monitor, on the following link you will be able get the information to do it:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LS24EMDKU/EN http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LS24EMDKU/EN

Did you try all the Windows® updates including the Windows ® 10 anniversary update?

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have Windows update set to auto, so I guess I have them all there...

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

Thank you very much for that information and letting us know that all the Windows® updates are installed.

So, the next thing to do will be the firmware update on the monitor.

Please try that and let us know the results, so we can continue with our investigations.

Alberto
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The link you gave for Samsung leeds to a driver from 2009' long time before I even bought the monitor. One is P2470 the other is P2450. They are set up as Generic PnP Monitors. When I used a Fujitsu computer instead of the Nuke they were set up as SyncMaster P2470H I think. Well now the monitor is connected digital to the old computer. That is how I could see the setting....

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

At this point we tried pretty much all the possible troubleshoot steps that we recommend for this kind of problem.

Did you try to use the inbox drivers?

Those are the ones that get installed when you install Windows, or when you do Windows updates, please try to un-install the Intel drivers, and try the ones from Microsoft, and let us know the results.

If the problem remains after that, in order to start our investigation we just need to get further details about the issue, so, even though you already gave us some information, we just need to verify some details.

Please fill as much information as you can on the following chart:

CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issue Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):</td>Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system. Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too? Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).  LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below). Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc Hardware Stepping (see note1 below). Software (SW)Operating System version (see note2 below).<td style="width:265px;border-top:none;border-left:none;border-bottom:solid windowtext 1.0pt;border-right:solid windowtext 1.0pt;padding...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Now you almost ask me to write a book about the problem. Next step would be to build my own computer without parts from Intel I guess.

The easiest way to get rid of the problem is to stick to computer brands that work without problems like Fujitsu. My Fujitsu has worked without problems for more than five years, but became to small (maximum 4 GB memory, and just a Core I3 processor)...

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Is just that in order to be able to do the investigation and to try to replicate the issue, we need the exact steps that you are doing, so we can do the same, among some other information.

It was not our intention to give you a hard time, we just wanted to replicate the issue, using the closest configuration in regard to the system you are using.

And even though you gave us plenty information about this case, there are some details that we can only get by using that chart and the tools that were posted above.

Intel respects any opinion or feedback from any of the peers viewing this thread, we are just trying to do the best we can in order to assist you.

Alberto

0 Kudos