Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

When my screen connected to a NUC6i5SYH using Windows 10 wakes up after sleep all windows are resized and moved like if it was half resolution.

idata
Employee

Anyone having un answer?

0 Kudos
30 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

Let me apologize once again for any inconvenience.

I just wanted to check if you need further assistance in regard to the problem with the NUC, or if the problem was resolved?

The information requested previously is in order to try to replicate the issue.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The remaining issue is the fact that after a screen sleep the open windsows on the extended monitor are moved to the first monitor placed somewhere in the middle.

I do don´t want to spend anymore time experimenting so if you can't come up with a solution I have to keep that in mind next time I buy a computer...

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

First of all let me apologize again for any type of inconvenience in trying to fix this issue.

We tried to replicate the case again, using the same exact NUC you are using, and we set the NUC to sleep at different time frames, after 1 minute, after 2 minutes, after 10 minutes, and we got no problems at all, there was no resizing, or windows moved on the main display or in the extended display, there was no issues at all regarding resolution or anything else.

The reason why we asked for that information before was to start an investigation and further research on this issue.

It seems to be, this could be a hardware problem with the NUC itself, since we were not able to replicate the problem.

Based on the fact the NUC has 3 years of warranty from the date of purchase, we can always replace it for you.

If you are interested in the replacement, please get in contact directly with us through chat, email, phone or online support, you just need to select NUC on product type and you will get those options:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12 http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you by replace mean that I should send my nuke to you and THEN you send me a new one, what shall I use for my data processing meanwhile and who will pay my bills for the extra cost?

If you want to send me a new nuke I am willing to spend my time to install and test it like I am using my nuke today. This nuke have I bought and payed for at full price, so I never asked for a test site...

Christer Lundhag

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

We do have an option that is called Advanced Warranty Replacement, where we send you the NUC first, you will get it the next day after we create the RMA, and then you have a time frame of a month to send the defective NUC back to us.

If this option works for you, please get in contact with us directly using the link provided above, once you do that and talk to an agent, you can request a prepaid label to avoid any shipping charges.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is the only link I found connected to my problem...

Christer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

Let me apologize for that, here is the link for you to be able to contact us directly to replace the NUC, please select NUC on product type and you will get the options to get contact us through chat, email, phone or online support:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html%23%4012 http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello:

Thank you very much to spicedaddy for the information posted previously.

To Christer_Lundhag:

As you saw on the previous link posted by spicedaddy, the issue was transfer to the appropriate team, and at this point we are waiting for the resolution and the results of the investigation.

So, if you are thinking about replacing the NUC, in this case, we can always wait for those results before you do that, there might be a fix for it, but we will need to wait for that.

If you already replaced it, then please let me know if the problem persists.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Christer_Lundhag:

I just wanted to let you know that we are still waiting the results of the investigation, and that as soon as I get the results I will post all the details on this thread.

Also I just wanted to check if you replaced the NUC already, and if you did that, is the issue about the windows getting resized still happening?

Alberto

0 Kudos
MBrod
Novice

It's a DisplayPort sleep problem with Intel Graphics drivers. Don't waste your time troubleshooting or exchanging your NUC.

0 Kudos