Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

When waking from sleep in Windows 11, the quantization range changes automatically.

wanisea
Beginner

TV를 모니터로 사용하고 있으며 UHD 630 내장 그래픽카드를 사용하고 있습니다.
외장 그래픽카드는 GTX 1060 입니다.
그래픽카드 2개를 동시에 사용하고 있는데 TV는 HDMI 2.0까지 지원합니다.
그리고 메인보드의 UHD 630은 TV와 연결됩니다.
Z490 메인보드의 HDMI 버전이 1.4b라서 4K 60hz는 지원하지 않아서 DP to HDMI 케이블을 사용하고 있습니다. (HDMI 2.0)
그런데 문제는 잠에서 깨면 양자화 범위가 FULL RGB로 바뀐다는 점이다.
TV는 제한된 양자화 범위로 사용해야 하는데 이런 현상이 발생합니다.

DP to HDMI 케이블이기 때문에 양자화 범위를 선택할 수 없으므로 재부팅이 필요합니다.
이 문제를 어떻게 해결할 수 있습니까?
사양은 다음과 같습니다.

Samsung TV KQ43QB60AFXKR
ASUS z490-g 도박
Zotac GTX1060
16G RAM
Windows 11 최신 업데이트 버전

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @wanisea,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. Please help me with the following information in order to assist you: 

•  When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?  
  •  Was the feature working before? 
  •  Is Resizable Bar enabled in the BIOS? 
  •  Is there any chance you can test this with a straight cable?  
  •  To get more information from your system, please install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
wanisea
Beginner
Thank you for your response.
Attached file attached.
Even if you install the latest version in a clean state using DDU, the same phenomenon occurs.
Resizable Bars are disabled because the graphics card does not support them.
I was using a monitor before. At that time, the resolution of the monitor was FHD, so I connected it directly with normal 1.4b. There was no problem at the time, but I am using a newly purchased UHD4K TV as a monitor.
Now that I am connected with an HDMI to HDMI cable, the quantization range does not change even after coming out of power saving. That's normal. But the problem is...
Since the motherboard uses the z490 chipset, HDMI is a 1.4b version, so 4K UHD 60Hz cannot be used, and only up to 30hz can be used.
So, I am using a DP(1.4) to HDMI(2.0) cable connected to the main board. The TV does not have a DP port.
I understand that if you connect using a DP to HDMI cable, you cannot set the quantization range because of the DP port.
But strangely, the same phenomenon as the FULL RGB effect occurs in the NVIDIA Control Panel when coming out of Windows sleep.
TV knows that the quantization range should be used as a limit.
But I think the Intel graphics card driver doesn't seem to recognize it as a TV.
I don't know if this is a Windows 11 problem or an Intel graphics card driver problem.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @wanisea,

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool, hence; the translation may not be completely accurate.

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. Please help me with the following information in order to assist you: 

•  When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?  
  •  Was the feature working before? 
  •  Is Resizable Bar enabled in the BIOS? 
  •  Is there any chance you can test this with a straight cable?  
  •  To get more information from your system, please install the Intel:registered: System Support Utility (Intel:registered: SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel:registered: SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @wanisea,

Thank you for your post and information. Yes, in this case in order for the option to work correctly you will need a straight HDMI cable as mentioned in your post. Can you please clarify the second part of your post? You meant you are enabling the quantization range in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Or is this when connecting straight to you discrete GPU?

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
wanisea
Beginner

So I didn't connect the wire to the GTX1060.
There is no problem when connecting the main board (z490) and the TV via HDMI to HDMI.
When you wake up from sleep in Windows when connecting DP to HDMI, the screen becomes dark just as if you set the quantization range to RGB in the HDMI to HDMI port.
TV has the right color only when the quantization range is basic.
However, the contrast ratio collapses as the colors become darker, as if the FULL RGB setting was set.
The problem is that after rebooting it outputs with normal colors.
Problem occurs when waking from sleep.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @NawalKavi,

Thank you for your clarification. In this case, can we try the following driver: 

1. Click the .exe to initiate the driver installation.
    1. Agree to the Intel Software License Agreement.
    2. Click the checkbox to Execute a clean installation.
    3. A clean installation removes all old drivers and restores Intel settings to the default value
    4. Click Start to begin the install.
    5. Reboot the system if prompted.

Let me know if anything changes.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
wanisea
Beginner

The same symptoms occur even after a fresh install with the latest version. So I'm just trying to use nvidia as my main graphics card.
Thank you for caring me.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @wanisea,

Thank you for your post. It's been a pleasure to work with you. Since you are using a different product, do you any other questions, or would you like me to close this thread?

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @wanisea,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos