Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Why Doom Eternal crashes before loading main menu?

GSeba3
Beginner

Today i've updated my IHD graphics card to 8141 version,hoping that will fix main menu rendering issue on doom eternal.After launching the game and before loading the main menu,it crashed(it played the intro).I mention that i'd checked for OS updates, scanned all the drivers with Driver Booster 7.4 Pro and unistalled my iGPU driver with DDU in safe mode in order to reinstall it.

Sorry for bad english.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and save the report to a file. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach this file to a response post.

...S

OMalk2
Novice

I was about to come here and ask the same question. These new drivers (8141) seem like a complete downgrade from 7958 where at least the game ran for me, even if it was for 2 seconds. With 8141 I don't even get the main menu anymore. Really hope they respond to this issue as not a single person (read the comments) has been able to run DE on their Intel integrated graphics, which they so promised to have fixed crashing issues on this latest version. It's been a month already where AMD integrated graphics since day 1 have not had any issues since release, where in Intel we're just getting the sour stick of the end with apparent fake "fixed" drivers...

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, this situation seems similar to the original DCH drivers rollout. It seems like, when they start a major effort like this, the development team takes a snapshot of the database and implements the new feature(s) in this snapshot. Meanwhile, the sustaining team is making changes to address issues discovered in house and in the field. When the new feature(s) get rolled out, it seems like the changes from the two teams are not merged together to form the new release. The fixes made since the snapshot was taken seem to disappear. This makes every major feature rollout seem like a three-steps-forward-two-steps-backward effort.

Sigh!

...S

DSaro
New Contributor I

Same issue with me on Intel Iris / 1065G7 CPU 😞

GSeba3
Beginner

And we wait for another driver to release :/.I was so excited to play the game ;(.

DSaro
New Contributor I

Whole situation is confusing because DOOM ETERNAL is now part of gameplay.intel.com as "recently added" and DE also figures as issue fixed in commetary to intel VGA latest drivers 😞

BAnco
Beginner

Same happens to me. In 7985 drivers, I could reach a bugged menu. Since 8141, it just crashes to a black screen. Hope this get fixed soon.

SChej
Novice

Same thing with Iris plus graphics 640. Crashes to a black screen right before the menu.

Alberto_R_Intel

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community support.

If further assistance is needed on this matter, please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos