Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Why can't I install Intel Graphics Driver version 27.20.100.9316 on Windows 10?

Dave_M
Beginner

Hi, I recently installed an app which suggested to install the latest Intel Graphics driver version because mine is probably outdated ( Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000) and the app probably would have trouble running. So I came to this website, installed the driver version 27.20.100.9316 (which is the latest, I guess) and ran the installer. But the installer displayed this error message:
dwejdewd.png

So then I installed Intel support assistant and after launching it directed me to an intel website and scanned my systen. After that, it displayed this:

Dave_M_0-1616130192798.png

So now I have contacted Dell, but I wanted to asked Intel also and get some help...
Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Trying to install 9316 is something you should NEVER do, as it is not supported on anything less than a 6th gen processor.

Your HD4000 graphics are discontinued.

The latest driver can be found here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499

If it does not install, contact dell, as they have likely modified/customized their driver for your hardware.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Dave_M
Beginner

@AlHill 
I'll try and install the latest driver for my system through the link you provided. If it does not work, I'll contact Dell.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Dave_M
Beginner

@AlHill 
No, it didn't work. Now I have to wait till Dell helps me out.

0 Kudos