Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Why in my Intel HD Graphics Control panel are Maintain Aspect Ratio and Scale Full Screen missing I only have two options: Maintain Display scaling and Center image.

FGoeh
Beginner

My Video Adapter is Intel Bay Trail SoC - Integrated Graphics Controller  I tried updating Graphics driver and all I can get is Driver Version 10.18.10.5100 screen resolution goes to 1440 x 900 games are set for full screen but play in a shrunk down screen with black background surrounding game screen

image included.Shrunk screen size in games.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello FGoeh,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

To better assist you please run the following tools and attach the reports generated.

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

2. DXDIAG 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

Please provide screenshots of Maintain Aspect Ratio and Scale Full Screen missing in your Intel HD Graphics Control panel.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
FGoeh
Beginner

Shrunk screen size in games.jpgMissing Scale Full Screen & Maintain Aspect ratio 2.jpgMissing Scale Full Screen & Maintain Aspect 1 ratio.jpgThanks for getting back with me Adrian M. I downloaded and ran The Intel SSU but was not able to send as there was an error in sending but I did save the scan results as well as included a few system screen shots.

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

You are running an Intel generic graphics driver on a 3rd party system Dell. This may cause you to lose features and customizations...

Try using the Dell driver, this is the one you should use

1- Uninstall the generic driver from Windows App and Features, then from Device Manager, until you get to "Microsoft Display Adapter", check these steps

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

2- Then install the Dell driver, under Category select "Video", under Operating System >> Windodws 10 64 bits

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-3646-small-desktop/drivers

0 Kudos
FGoeh
Beginner

I tried exactly as you had suggested and uninstalled the Graphic driver and then went to dell's web site and installed their driver which also was an Intel driver but an older driver and I had tried both ways after the first attempt gave me less options in the Intel graphics Control Panel of only one graphic Option "Maintain Display Scaling" The second time I let Dell scan my computer and they also installed the same old Intel Graphics Driver. Dell does not have its own driver for this Inspiron 3646 model. Enclosed are screen shot and text message of Intel's SSU latest scan. So far no resolve to my graphics Controller driver issue but thanks Adrian MIntel Graphics Control Panel.jpg

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello FGoeh,

Thank you for your response.

The computer manufacturer can offer customized versions of the Intel® Graphics Drivers so they can add or remove certain features on the drivers. The Intel® Graphics Control Panel comes included in the previous Intel® Graphics Drivers generations ''Intel® HD Graphics for Intel Atom® Processor Z3700 Series'' and this is highly customizable and dependable on hardware design, so my recommendation will be to contact Dell in order to report the missing features as well.

Nevertheless please refer to the following link about Custom Scaling:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000029631/graphics-drivers.html

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos