Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Why is GfxDownloadWrapper.exe crashing?

AHawr
Beginner

I'm a dev, not using your card in a programming capacity, though it does help drive my 4 monitors. When I tried to debug, I get the following:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException HResult=0x80070003 Message=Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\adrian.hawryluk\AppData\Local\Intel\Games\Temp\E31245v5.json'. Source=mscorlib StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding) at GfxGameSettingsDownload.Program.Main(String[] args)

I've attached a crashdump.

I'm not sure if this is tangentially related but I'm having some difficulty when my computer monitors go into power saving mode and then turn back on again resulting in 2 of the 4 monitors not coming back on. 1 monitor is powered by an external card. The two that turn off are on a separate display port. The one that remains on is on it's own display port. This requires that I reset one of the off monitors (1st in the chain) and then they all come back. This is disruptive because it rearranges my desktop.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your device/motherboard?

What version of WIndows 10? 1903? 1909?

What is your processor model number?

Do you have dual graphics?

Doc

0 Kudos
AHawr
Beginner

This is a LENOVO 30BH0023US desktop (taken from msinfo.exe).

I'm running Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.418. (taken from winver.exe)

Processor is an Intel Xeon CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50GHz. (taken from the computer's properties)

I have an AMD Radeon HD 8570 external board, and a Intel HD Graphics P530 (taken from Device Manager)

Let me know if there is anything else you need. Thx.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi AHawr, If by any chance you need further assistance on this topic or if you have further questions about this scenario, please post them on the thread so we can further assist you.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi AHawr, You mentioned that you were going to upgrade the driver, I just wanted to check if you were able to do that and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AHawr, I am just doing a follow up of your case and I just wanted to check if the problem persists and if you need further assistance on this matter?

If the issue remains, we recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in Lenovo's web site and based on the information you gave us, the results of searching "LENOVO 30BH0023US" indicate that the model of the computer is "ThinkStation P320 Tower".

According to Lenovo's web site the latest Intel® Graphics driver available for this platform is version 26.20.100.6998, please test that driver.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/uu/en/products/workstations/thinkstation-p-series-workstations/thinkstation-p320/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Display%20and%20Video%20Graphics

Also, as an option, since the computer works with the Intel® HD Graphics P530 controller, we can try to install and test the latest Intel® Generic Graphics driver version for that controller which is 26.20.100.7463:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29195/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=88350

Additionally, I can see in there also that the computer works might be using AMD and Nvidia drivers, so in this case what we recommend is to get in contact directly with Lenovo for them to confirm and validate which are the proper drivers for your system.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi AHawr, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi AHawr, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos