Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Why is my display bit depth is 6 Bit

sM00011
Beginner

After updating to the latest HD 630 graphics driver, In my advanced display setting its showing as 6 Bit depth making whole display as sluggish and dim it usually was in 8 Bit before updating, Please provide a solution for this ASAP.

System is ASUS FX 504 GE with Intel Core i5 8300H with 630 as integrated and Nvidia 1050Ti as dedicated.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello sM0001 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • What Intel® driver version was installed on the system that causes this behavior? • What Intel® driver version work properly on the system? • Were there any updates on the dedicated GPU? • Can you tried uninstalling the current Intel® driver on the system and installing (see the reference link below) the Latest Intel® graphics driver (see the reference link below) for your Intel® HD graphics 630 controller (bear in mind that this driver would be the generic driver for your system, we recommend using the driver provided by the system manufacturer since those have been customized by them). Reference links: Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html Intel® Graphics https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28514/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
sM00011
Beginner

Hi Team,

I have tried installing latest version(some version called .6577 updated this month only) and still same problem continues , tried a previous versions(at least went 3 to 4 versions back and installed)but no different results display will be slow and sluggish.

When the system is in Microsoft basic display screen bit depth ​will be in 8bit.

Also when only Nvidia driver is installed display bit depth will be 8 bit , after you install a Intel driver problem persists.​

Please suggest a solution ASAP.

Thanks,

Sam​

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I am also getting 6bit on i5 7200u intel HD 620

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello RAJU2529 Thank you for the information. Please provide me with all the information requested on the previous post. I addition please provide me with the brand and model of the displays on the environment. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello sM0001 Thank you for the information and the ouctomce of the testing performed with the driver .6577, please provide me with the following infromation. • What Intel® driver versions have you tested? • What Intel® driver version work properly on the system? • Were there any updates on the dedicated GPU? • Provide me with the information and reports requested on the following link https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490AGdSAM/important-template-for-submitting-a-graphics-bug?language=en_US. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
sM00011
Beginner

Thanks for your response.

• latest driver dch_win64_25.20.100.6577 and dch_win64_25.20.100.6444 and even win64_24.20.100.6229
  • As of now I don't remember because Intel driver utility used update so haven't tracked those.
  • Yup updated to the latest version i.e Nvidia Verson 419.17
  • Have attached the required .txt files please go through it.

As we all are facing this issue on a laptop common ground please solve this issue.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello sM0001 Thank you for the information. You mentioned that this behavior happens on the built in display, do you have the same behavior on an external display? I recommend reporting this directly to their Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) so they can debug the issue on the same hardware. Reference link: https://www.asus.com/support/. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello sM0001 Have you confirmed if this behavior happens on both internal and external display? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
sM00011
Beginner

Hi Team,

Yes, It shows as 6Bit when I connect the laptop to a external display.

and Yes have already raised the ticket regarding this in Asus forum.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello sM0001 Thank you for the outcome of the testing. Please keep informed about the investigation performed by ASUS* in the meantime, I am going to try to replicate the behavior reported. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello sM0001 I have dome some testing with the Intel® HD graphics 630 and the recently released driver 25.20.100.6618 using a laptop and external display (LG 55uh8500) and both local and external display are reporting 8 bit deep color. Can you try the Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers Version: 25.20.100.6618 (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28646/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers-with-Intel-Graphics-Command-Center?product=98909) on the system? If you get an installation error you can try the installation following these steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: a. 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' b. 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. c. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. d. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. BTW: Do you have any update of the ticket with ASUS*? What is the brand a model of the Display used on the environment? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hellos M0001 Were you able to collect the information, complete the driver install and test the system? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
sM00011
Beginner

HI Team,

Latest driver is not available to download it seems,

Fixing will be back soon this is the status of the latest driver.

so waiting for your team to re-release it.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello M0001 I just completed the driver download using this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28646/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers-with-Intel-Graphics-Command-Center?product=98909 with no issues using the .exe option on the left side of the website. If you have any issues can you try with a different browser or clearing the cookies of the browser. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
sM00011
Beginner

Hello Team,

The issue still persists, have installed the new driver and all.

Installed as you explained in above replies.

Still it showing as 6 Bit depth only.

Try to resolve this issue as I can see this driver didn't solved anyone's issue.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello M0001 Thank you for the update of the testing, at this point i recommend contacting ASUS* to set and try to replicate this issue with the exact same hardware configuration, since I have installed and test the driver 6618 and get 8-bit deep color in both built in and external display. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos