Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Why is the DSA trying to download the wrong driver?

Magicalus
Beginner

I just got through a real headache with support, which was the end result of having a driver for an Arc series GPU installed and running on a laptop with an Iris Xe integrated GPU. I installed the proper driver manually, and everything started working today.

Today, I got a  Windows notification I've grown used to seeing: I have a new Driver Update! I click the notification, it takes me to the website, and it scans my computer. It pops up with the correct search results, shown below:

Screenshot (11).png

I go to hit the download button, but it's the wrong driver. It's trying to download the Arc series driver again. Given the mess I just went through, I did NOT download it. Below is the top of the page.

Screenshot (10).png

Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello Magicalus,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

I would like to let you know that Starting with driver 31.0.101.3430, the installation package supports integrated graphics on 11th and 12th-generation systems along with Intel® Arc™ Graphics Cards. Thus the suggestion from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is a cosmetic error. The driver can still be installed and supports these devices.

However, if you have installed the latest drivers for your Iris Xe integrated GPU, you can hide this notification:

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Bill_Mars
Beginner

Just a quick question... Are you doing alot of gaming?

If you are not then you don't really need Arc; dont run the app. Let it rest a couple days,

And if you can prove to yourself that you don't really need Arc at all then just delete the app.

If you are gaming then a better question is 'what monitor are you using?" 

0 Kudos
Magicalus
Beginner

I do indeed game quite a bit. But I'm not really sure what you mean by the Arc app; I can't find it anywhere in my filesystem (I did a whole dig through it last night before posting this, no executables found).

The monitor I'm using is the built-in one on my laptop. I can't find any info about the monitor's specific part in system info or the SSU I had on hand from the aforementioned support chain. Best I can do is give you the laptop model, which is an HP 250 G8 Notebook PC.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Magicalus For your laptop, you should be 7using the driver(s) provided by HP.   They are customized/modified to support your laptop hardware.   Using the generic Intel drivers may cause you problems.   To verify, consult with HP.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Magicalus
Beginner

Here ya go:

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Magicalus,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

I would like to let you know that Starting with driver 31.0.101.3430, the installation package supports integrated graphics on 11th and 12th-generation systems along with Intel® Arc™ Graphics Cards. Thus the suggestion from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is a cosmetic error. The driver can still be installed and supports these devices.

However, if you have installed the latest drivers for your Iris Xe integrated GPU, you can hide this notification:

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Magicalus,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos