Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Why isn't there any update for Intel HD Graphics 4400 for Windows 10 systems.

SGoya10
Beginner

Actually, after talking to Mr. Warner from Intel, who convinced me that Intel still cares about Intel HD 4400, I thought we might finally get an update. However, they released for Windows 8 again. They released an update for them in May and we got in March(which didnt fix anything). So is it confirmed that Intel does not care about Intel HD Graphics 4400 Windows 10 systems or Intel HD 4400 as a whole(they don't even release an update for us periodically, I mean not even in 3-4 months).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SGoya10

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Thank you for your feedback, it is really appreciated. We do care about this but for new games, we definitely recommend the settings as shown in https://gameplay.intel.com/.

We noticed your previous thread regarding some issues with games like Fifa 19/20 (https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004SR9j7). For this game go with 7th generation processors or newer as this game is not supported on older platforms.

Also, release cadence for older platforms may vary and be far apart and there is no driver planned for anytime soon.

Having said that and since final recommendations were provided in the previous thread, we will close this inquiry.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SGoya10
Beginner

Yeah sure, you will close. But tell me one thing, does Intel even care about this Generation Drivers anymore. And as I said in the past thread, I don't want the bets FPS, I just want graphics to be rendered correctly. I don't think you even understand, and as a reason AMD and NVIDIA are way better.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello,

I can confirm to you that most of Intel's development, enhancements and fixes are mostly oriented to 6th Generation processors (known as Skylake) and newer.

Driver releases for 5th Generation processors and older might still occur, however it would be on a much slower cadence.

For game compatibility with your Intel HD Graphics 4400 I would suggest checking gameplay.intel.com but we definitely suggest upgrading your system to the latest hardware to enjoy the latest games.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
SGoya10
Beginner
0 Kudos