Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Why the DirectX 12 is not working on newer Drivers ?

Andronachi_Marian

I installed a newer Driver and the DirectX 12 is not working for Benchmarks.

So still i can update my Graphics Driver because of bugs.

After: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004IoIY1SAN/i-have-a-bug-with-the-driver seams to be fixed now from 5107.

But the DirectX 12 is not working anymore.

win64_15.40.45.5126

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

All good here.

What does GPU-Z read?

Upload output from DXDIAG.EXE.

fr6.png

0 Kudos
Andronachi_Marian

Have you try to run a Benchmark on DirectX 12 with 'PerformanceTest' or '3d Mark' ?

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Not yet.

With which driver version did you run these benchmarks successfully?

0 Kudos
Andronachi_Marian

20.19.15.4549 works good for my (The driver what i have from long time and no bugs found). Same the version from https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004IoIY1SAN/i-have-a-bug-with-the-driver (4531)

All the above drivers seams to be buggy

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Just tried "Night Raid" and "Time Spy" with driver build 5126 successfully.

However i am using a Broadwell GPU, it has the same DirectX feature levels as Haswell GPU though.

stefan054-20200410.jpg

0 Kudos
Andronachi_Marian

Strange. But still is not the same components to be fair. I wait to see what a Intel team says.

Still is disappointing.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello Andronachi Marian,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Upon checking the DXDIAG report I noticed that you have Intel® Core™ i5-4440 Processor which has Intel® HD Graphics 4600, based on Supported APIs for Intel® Graphics Controllers, Intel® HD Graphics 4600 DirectX* support is 11.1.

You can also confirm this on the Intel® HD Graphics control panel (Example attached to the thread), go to options and support, information center, Microsoft* Directx most likely you will see Runtime version 12 by default, however, the one you need to look is that one that says hardware supported version.

It's worth mentioning that you should use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer GA-H87-HD3  since they can have customizations for their own system.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andronachi_Marian

That driver are outdated and why for others Works Fine and forIntel® Core™ i5-4440 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz) 4600 that says in that driver is not.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
posted a file.
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello Andronachi Marian,

Thank you for your reply.

It's important to mention that every OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) have their own configuration design for their systems, the supported Microsoft* DirectX for your processor is 11.1 so there could be some customized features on the software/hardware on the other system that might allow it through software features but this is related to hardware support which is 11.1.

If the customized driver from the OEM is not up to date you can report it to them so they might be able to release a newer version.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos