Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Windows 10 Creators Update* & Intel® HD Graphics Drivers

RonaldM_Intel

With the release of Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update*, an updated Intel® HD Graphics Driver is not required.

Existing Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Intel® HD Graphics Drivers will continue to work with Windows 10 Creators Update*.

The current Intel® HD Graphics Drivers that support Windows 10* should continue to work with Windows 10 Creators Update*.

For more information on Windows 10 Creators Update*, please visit the Windows 10 Creators Update https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upcoming-features Web site.

67 Replies
PKoiv
Beginner

Although graphics drivers are working with Creators Update, there are quite a performance hit at least with "Graphics for 4th Generation Intel® Processors". Reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/62jud7/win_10_14393_au_15063_cu_upgrade_surface_pro_3/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/62jud7/win_10_14393_au_15063_cu_upgrade_surface_pro_3/

New Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/64y1z6/official_creators_update_15063138_still_a_lot_of/ Official Creators Update 15063.138 - Still a lot of lag with transparencies : Windows10

EDIT: Problem is fixed in latest cumulative update.

dg5
Beginner

I think the Intel 3 D drivers are incompatible with the new Windows updates . My 3D photos/videos display with Power DVD from Cyberlink but crash when closing .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Also suffering performance issues including laggy animations with older driver.

Scaling issues are also worse. On my 1080 display, text is pixilated and very hard to read sometimes. Here are some examples although screen captures don't seem to relay the severity of it.

With newer driver or Windows AU this wasn't an issue. But new drivers do not work with virtualization enabled Hyper-V.

KMcBr
Novice

I had issues with the newest drivers too, screen flickering, had to revert back to a year old driver.

Intel i5 4210

0 Kudos
JMara6
Beginner

Yes but there seems to be an issue with Windows 10 Creators and the Intel Driver Update Utility.

0 Kudos
CAmbr4
Beginner

I am having several performance problems after updating Windows Creators I use an Intel HD 4000 video card in a Samsung notebook The drive version is 10.18.10.4276 and I can not install any updates after this one. My problems happen in various softwares like Sketchup, SolidWorks, Rhinocerros and they were working perfectly before the upgrade. I already did a formatting and installation of Windows 10 Creators and even then the problems persist is certainly a problem of Windows, but I need to identify. In one of the softwares if enabled the use of openGL performance improves but I lose some functions related to transparencies, I have even seen in some forums problems related to this.

NPiri
New Contributor I

ceanet wrote:

I am having several performance problems after updating Windows Creators I use an Intel HD 4000 video card in a Samsung notebook The drive version is 10.18.10.4276 and I can not install any updates after this one. My problems happen in various softwares like Sketchup, SolidWorks, Rhinocerros and they were working perfectly before the upgrade. I already did a formatting and installation of Windows 10 Creators and even then the problems persist is certainly a problem of Windows, but I need to identify. In one of the softwares if enabled the use of openGL performance improves but I lose some functions related to transparencies, I have even seen in some forums problems related to this.

The Intel HD Graphics 4000 is of 3rd generation (aka Ivy Bridge) and v10.18.10.4276 is not the latest version.

You need to be using at least version 10.18.10.4425, which is available from either the http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=intel+hd+graphics+4000 Microsoft Update Catalog site or the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33- Intel site (which has package version 15.33.43.4425)

Note: you must uninstall your existing graphics driver before installing a new version.

0 Kudos
CAmbr4
Beginner

Hi NoelPG,

My laptop is a Samsung NP900X4C-A07US and has an Intel HD 4000 card the newest driver I can install is v10.18.10.4276, even with the manual installation procedures I can not upgrade to higher versions, it shows a compatibility error, probably Samsung has some blocking or optimization.

Thank's

0 Kudos
MHill9
Beginner

I have the same problem - I have a Lenovo E330 with Intel HD 4000 graphics. The update to Windows 10 Creator Edition has b0rked the driver - the DVI out is gone, and I'm just getting the basic MS Display driver out of the VGA port. Which is a shame, as my workflow works well on a dual-monitor setup.

Am on driver version: 10.18.10.4491

Are Intel (or Lenovo) likely to update this when Win 10 CE gets pushed out everywhere?

NPiot
Beginner

My old Intel HD Graphics 3000 worked fine before creator's update, now that is no longer the case, I signed up for a forum account and posted in thread with others that have same issue as Intel was responding in PM, only to receive PM stating that it's not being supported at all, like another user said what a bad joke!

0 Kudos
RThom16
Beginner

Any update on a fix? I too just updated to Windows 10 Creator and now get a Code 43 on my HD Graphics 3000 and can no longer detect and use multiple monitors - a necessity for the work I do.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Ghandi,

The Intel® HD Graphics 3000 is only compatible with the following http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html operating systems: Windows 7*, Windows 8* and Windows 8.1*.

In addition, since this is already a http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005733.html discontinued product, there won't be new driver updates for it.

I would suggest reverting to one of the supported operating systems.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
DStra9
Beginner

I can't agree with you. My Intel (R) HD Graphics has been working 100% fine until the Windows 10 Creators update last night.

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

I can confirm that virtualisation needs to be disabled to be able to install your manufacturers update which still work with Windows creator update. After successful installation you can switch virtualisation back on in your BIOS.

0 Kudos
DStra9
Beginner

I have not had any success when disabling virtualization in the bios. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

DirkStrauss wrote:

I have not had any success when disabling virtualization in the bios. Any other suggestions?

type this in admin Powershell

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

0 Kudos
CMend4
Beginner

I have a Lenovo W530 that has a Intel 4000 Graphics card. After I upgraded to the creators version of Windows 10(15063.250) the intel graphics card driver won't start during boot.

Windows starts using their own plug-and-play driver. The main issue for me is that I cannot use my docker station anymore. When I dock the laptop, mouse and keyboard seem to be working but the monitor does not receive any signal from the graphics card. If I rollback to the previous build of Windows 10 the Intel graphics 4000 driver starts fine and I have input on my monitor after docking my laptop.

I have tried the latest driver available on Windows update. I also tried NoelPG suggestion and install driver 10.18.10.4425.

is there any other older driver version that I should try? Any advice is highly appreciated.

-Mendes

NPiri
New Contributor I

hi cemendes.

Your Lenovo W530 laptop is using a hybrid NVidia/Intel graphics combo. You will need to use the customized Intel & nVidia graphics drivers from Lenovo, not from Intel nor Microsoft Windows Update.

Try this graphics driver from the Lenovo support page (released 2/15/2017):

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-W-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-W530/downloads/DS103458 NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad

It's version 21.21.13.7674 / 10.18.10.4491. Package is 445Mb in size

If this driver doesn't work with the Win10 creators update, switch back to using the Win10 anniversary update release until Microsoft sorts things out with the creators update release.

0 Kudos
CMend4
Beginner

Thanks for your recommendation. The driver you mentioned does help. I went back to windows 10 anniversary update and will wait until Microsoft sorts things out.

0 Kudos
EZaku
New Contributor I

Dear Intel Community,

after installing Windows 10 Creators Update, all 3D software I use became extremely slow in visual performance. To be exact, the software I'm using: FEKO 2017, Solidworks 2016 SP5, Altair HyperWorks 14. The features like rotating, pan, zooming or even making a sketch are useless now, because it takes enormously lot of time to redraw the view, moreover, whole UI is freezing, ever the CPU is not loaded at all.

I tried different things:

• Latest driver version I have is 15.33.43.4425. The same version was on previous Windows build before Creators Update;
  • I rolled back to previous versions of driver, they behave the same way;
  • I deleted and reinstalled driver completely, it works perfectly exactly one day. After computer is shut down and turned on again, everything is the same as before. Should I reinstall the driver anytime I need to work?
  • I installed Windows 10 1703 15063.296 from scratch;
  • Using of OpenGL software rendering mode in an option, but it also has poor performance in big assemblies.
  • Tried Intel Driver Updater to search new drivers;
  • Tried to block the driver from automatic download and install certain version of each driver separately - no luck.

I suppose the issue is definitely in Creators Update. Something was implemented, something was enabled what nobody knows, because obviously the same driver was working on previous Windows build.

Should I switch something off in register? Change a parameter there? Enable or disable some options in gpedit? Run a hidden command in PowerShell?

For information: ThinkPad x230, Windows 10 1703 15063.296, Intel HD 4000, Driver 15.33.43.4425.

Thank you for help!