Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Windows 10 Pro . Second monitor Displayport out from PC to DP active adapter to HDMI to TCL smart tv HDMI input. When I plug in the second monitor the active screen moves to the TV instead of the pc monitor.

RGask1
Beginner

Shows both screen 1 and 2 but will not detect second monitor. 

Updated Intel integrated graphics at Intel website.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please describe your hardware in more detail. Processor, Motherboard, version and update level of Windows 10 Pro, etc. Provide full part numbers where possible. This includes especially for the adapter.

...S

0 Kudos
RGask1
Beginner

Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 10AM000WUS. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Version 10.0.17763, Build 17763, updated on 2/2/19. Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @ 3.5 GHz. Intel HD Graphics 4400. Resolution 1920x1080. Bits per pixel - 32. Refresh rate 59 Hz. Max. 75Hz Min. 23 Hz. Driver version 20.19.5.4963. Date of driver 2/21/18, updated on 3/9/19. Baseboard version SDK0E50510 WIN. RAM 4GB. Itanda Displayport to HDMI Active adapter X001T4F51B.

0 Kudos
RGask1
Beginner

This used to work on a previous PC very similar to this one. I am not sure if any Windows 10 updates affected this. I am beginning to think the integrated video has changed and I need to install a video card. When I am on the Display interface, the display window shows a rectangle for 1 and one for 2, but they both pop up as being 1 when I click on Identify.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, for starters, you should install driver version 15.40.41.5058. You can download this driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81497.

Now, one of these DP ports is going to be 1 and the other 2. Your primary monitor should be plugged into whichever is 1. This will avoid the second monitor being identified as primary. Now that I think this far, where are you plugging the primary monitor currently? Is it in a DP or VGA port?

...S

0 Kudos
RGask1
Beginner

Primary Dell monitor is coming out of the VGA port. Both DP ports have two ++ next to them, but I am using the active adapter anyway to the 50 ft. HDMI cable that runs to the TV.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm... I am guessing here... Perhaps you could use DP-to-VGA adapter on primary DP port and your DP-to-HDMI on secondary DP Port? I don't know if that will actually make a difference, however.

...S

0 Kudos
RGask1
Beginner

I went to the link you provided and began the process and it said my software was up to date. I checked and I don't have a DP to VGA adapter. Should I order one or is there something else that could be tried?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Does you primary monitor have any other inputs other than VGA? If it has, for example, a DVI connector, then I would get a DP-to-DVI adapter instead as this is a more capable and better quality signal (though nowhere near the capability or quality of DP or HDMI).

Now, understand that I am unsure whether the utilization of the DP port, rather than a VGA port, is going to make any difference to the primary vs. secondary assignment. You'll have to decide whether the expense is worth the try...

...S

0 Kudos
RGask1
Beginner

At this point I am desperate to find a solution. I will take the chance. I ordered the adapter and it will be delivered Thursday, 3/14/19. I need this to operate my Hoster computer karaoke software to display the lyrics on the second screen and the song choices from the main computer monitor.

0 Kudos