Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Windows *7/8/8.1 GFX Driver Version 3412

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3412 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: Driver Download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3723&DwnldID=23638&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+Iris%E2%84%A2+Pro+Graphics+5200&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23638/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3412_32.pdf here

64-bit: Driver Download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3723&DwnldID=23639&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+Iris%E2%84%A2+Pro+Graphics+5200&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23639/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3412_64.pdf here

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. I'll give a good list here though;

• Some users are still experiencing either black screens OR Code43/31 issues on systems that utilize either 3rd party graphics cards or are using Intel-graphics only systems. If you are still having this issue, please provide that information here alongside an updated dxdiag report, and your system/motherboard model.
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing* - This game was previously experiencing black screens during game-loading an character-loading. These issues should be resolved with this driver.
  • Netflix* experiencing screen distortion and loss of video/audio quality while being played in 5.1 sound. This issue has not been able to be reproduced internally, and therefore we have been unable to diagnose the issue.
  • Pokemon TCG Online* - This game is experiencing intermittent crashes at random times during game play and menu navigation. This issue has been reproduced internally and we are attempting to diagnose whether this is an application failure or graphics driver failure.
  • Display Audio Loss over AV/R or locally when a system goes to sleep/standby. This issue has been partially resolved. We have released BIOS updates for affected 8 Series boards/NUC's which resolves the issue. For users who are still experiencing the issue on non-Intel manufactured systems/boards, refer to the instructions in this thread;
  • Display Audio Loss over AV/R or locally when a system goes to sleep/standby. This issue is still in the process of being resolved. The resolution is not the same as what we provided via BIOS update for the 8 Series boards/NUC's, so it has not been a simple fix.
  • Low Memory errors. If you are still experiencing this issue with this driver, please provide that information in this thread alongside an updated dxdiag report and Intel Graphics Report.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

<p style="font-family: intel-neo-sans-1, intel-neo-sans-2, tahoma, helvetica, sans-s...
0 Kudos
33 Replies
CVran
Beginner

Regarding Netflix Metro App/Dolby Digital Plus issue, I am also having the same problem on my Laptop (Acer V5-571, Intel Core i5 3317U, HD graphics 4000), running Windows 8.1 and this latest driver version (64bit). But I think I found a workaround. Keep in mind my TV is connected using HDMI (through an Onkyo A/V receiver) to the laptop as a second monitor (extended display).

While the Netflix app is running on the TV and a 5.1 DD+ audio track selected (i.e., with no sound output and skipping most video frames), go into the Speaker Setup configuration (right click on the Speakers icon, Playback Devices, select Intel Display Audio device, and click on Configure). Choose Stereo option and click Next a couple of times, followed by Finished.

I get an error message: "Format not supported by this device.", and the Netflix Metro App automatically reloads the film in Dolby Digital Plus and plays it OK from then on. The Intel Display Audio device stays configured as 5.1 (the Stereo option doesn't stick).

I hope this helps somehow until Intel/Netflix manage to figure out this problem.

0 Kudos
BDole2
Beginner

@d97ulf

I unchecked the legacy boot support, and it did not fix the Netflix problem. I'm running on mostly the settings that came from the factory. Perhaps you have some other setting that affects the issue? Is there a way to make a textfile of all the bios settings for comparison?

@boombuia

You sir are a genius. Your workaround does indeed work. I do detect a very, very slight audio delay. Almost not worth worrying about on a short viewing.

One more datapoint: I experience the exact same Netflix problem with HD audio sources in XBMC if audio is set to DirectSound instead of WASAPI. (Directsound can't handle HD audio passthrough.)

0 Kudos
VMALI1
Beginner

hi i need now how to set Intel® Management and Security Status

0 Kudos
CVran
Beginner

@imarmed

In my case, I was already booting my laptop in UEFI mode (Legacy mode disabled), so I kept looking for alternative solutions - I was basically trying to reset the audio configuration (set it to Stereo and then back to 5.1), when I discovered this workaround. I'm glad it helped you, as well!

0 Kudos
RThon
Novice

@boombuia

It also works here on an Intel® NUC DC3217IYE.

Although it is not a very convenient way to get it to work with only 1 screen connected.

I hope this gives the techies from Intel an idea how to fix this.

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

@nic

Hello again.

It's been a little more than 2 weeks since our first questions about latest drivers and we don't have any answers yet.

Any news/ info regarding those issues ?

Thanks,

Nikos

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

@nic what is this humbug about not being able to reproduce audio issues?

Netflix* experiencing screen distortion and loss of video/audio quality while being played in 5.1 sound. This issue has not been able to be reproduced internally, and therefore we have been unable to diagnose the issue.

In the previous driver thread, on jan 29 2014, you posted the following (snippet):

We have been able to reproduce various audio issues with the NUC here recently. I will look into the Netflix* issue and see if that has also been reproduced. If not, I will test it myself.

BUG

My personal experience; Intel NUC DN2820FYKH (HD4000 graphics), v25 BIOS, latest drivers available as of march 10 2014. Clean Windows 8.1 pro install with UEFI enabled, all legacy disabled (Any changes to these has no effect on the issue)..

As my AVR is too old for HDMI connectivity (it does DD/DTS decoding), I output audio over S/PDIF (toslink) to receiver through a Cmedia CM106 USB soundcard. Drivers are ut to date and signed, Win 8.1 proofed.

The experience is such as the others; Smooth sailing with WMP, VLC, XBMC - But not with the Netflix Metro when switching to 5.1 audio (1-2 fps, no audio, very slowly dropping towards a halt if left there).

Now the fact that I'm NOT using HDMI audio output, but experiencing the exact same issue - would suggest 2 options: Either 1: The Netflix app cannot handle a switch to bitstream correctly (unlikely, as 1000x more people would be reporting this issue). Or 2: The Intel driver either cannot handle how the Netflix app switches to bitstream, or the driver cannot handle the switch at all. The Intel driver clearly takes precedence in this process, if left to the OS to handle.

My reasons for coming to these conclusions, and leaning towards the switch to bitstream is due to the following:

• Several here has reported that if fiddling with the Intel audio config to cause an override/interruption of driver process, or killing the Intel audio device - they can temporary overcome the issue. I suspect this only works if HDMI audio is the actual output - and having to manually force crash/override/interruption of your Intel drivers is most definitely not a solution.
  • My USB soundcard can also output 5.1 analog audio. If using this setup, the issue does not present itself.
  • If deactivating "exclusive mode" and application exclusive control for the default audio output, handling bitstream output (HDMI or any other digital output), the problem does not arrise. NOTE! What this actually does is prohibit the Netflix App to call the switch to 5.1 bitstream. The netflix app does not seem to pick up on this failed process and will indicate 5.1 audio. While there are no observable playback issues - this is due to the app is actually still outputting the same PCM stereo signal.
  • Any application that can control and navigate audio output itself (does not rely on Intel drivers to handle this) - has no issue with this. Both DirectSound and WASAPI work without issues in both VLC and XBMC - both manually selecting a output channel or going with Windows default playback device.

Worthwhile note: More and more of the Netflix titles have Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3) audio, others Dolby Digital (AC-3). This could be a case of the Intel drivers wrongly interpreting E-AC-3 bitstreams as AC-3. Thus, it either "successfully" pass on an E-AC-3 bitstream as an (wrongly identified) AC-3 stream, causing massive conflict - - or the driver itself kneels as it is unable to output its wrongly idientified audio bitstream. The fact that my 5.1 analog audio output works fine indicates Windows and the drivers are fully capable of handling the audio stream, just not bitstream passthrough. An E-AC-3 stream does contain a base AC-3 signal - this "pulldown" is also how the PS3 handles Netflix E-AC-3 bitstreams.

All this seem to lead towards the Intel driver not being capable of handling the instructions for switch from stereo to bitstream.

Any log or tests you need, let us know ASAP.

EDIT: After a long read through various Intel community threads - I'm starting to point a pretty long finger at the (still) missing Intel Management Engine driver. DRM, HDCP and the need for a Protected Audio Path (wich is what the IME interface provides) is the reason for the Windows 8 Metro app being the ONLY (as of today) clean way of getting 5.1 audio with Netflix, on a PC platform. Without the IME driver, HD audio bitstreams (and I'm guessing 5.1 audio with Netflix) is a no-go under Windows - especially with Apps like Netflix, wich will never output multichannel LPCM (unprotected pcm audio). This driver has been needed for Intel HD graphics controllers to output HD audio bitstreams, for 3 years now.

For one, the Intel DN2820FYKH has been out 3 months soon - advertising HD audio - yet still no IME driver ( = no HD audio bitstreams).

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

I did what Intel should have done months ago, and contacted Netflix regairding the 5.1 audio issue.

Netflix tech department confirms: Netflix Metro app requires Protected Audio Path for 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus playback.

Protective Audio Path is supplied through the Intel Management Engine. The DN2820FYKH NUC, 3 months(!) after release - still haven't gotten this highly essensial driver. Its a driver for Intels own hardware and platform for ¤"# sake. Without this driver, there is no HD audio, or Dolby Digital Plus streaming from Netflix under windows - period (unless Intel finds a different way of supplying Protected Audio Path, that is). This is and has been the case for Intel HD Graphics for 3 years now, by your own design.

I suggest Intel get cracking at pushing out those IME drivers ASAP.

0 Kudos
SMurp4
Beginner

Nice work pr0xzen, when I contacted Netflix they had no idea how to fix it and that I would have to work with my board manufacturer/Intel to get it fixed.

With this new information, can we get some clarification that the new Intel drivers do not have the "Protected Audio Path?" And if so, why not? Will it be implemented and when?

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

Well, to be fair - the point about working with your board manufacurer to get is fixed, was very correct. When I contacted Netflix, I got "first line" support at first, so I got the old bandwidth/outdated drivers blah bah routine - but they did relay me to tech support eventually. I kind of figured the link when I came across someone with DTS-HD issues in XBMC. It helps alot to get answers, when you know "exactly" what you're looking for.

Hopefully Intel can push through this driver soon. Protected Audio Path integration is actually not a part of the HD Graphics driver at all. The Intel Management Engine Interface delivers this function, and that has its own separate driver. Or, well - it should have. DD+ (Netflix 5.1 etc) and DTS-HD bitstreaming is a no-go under Windows, without this driver. And Intel has not supplied this driver at all. Even a lot of Bay Tail desktop boards have not gotten it. (Please note: It is possible that Intel changed they approach to PAP with Bay Trail. Intel will need to confirm/debunk this. If that is the case, well - their solution is not working - PAP is still not present or broken)

I'm starting to wonder wether this is has been an extremely serious oversight, or a deliberate move due to marked reasons or hardware issues.

0 Kudos
SMurp4
Beginner

That's strange, I have no problem bitstreaming DTS-HD through XBMC, but Netflix is messed up as previously mentioned.

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

To be fair, might be not neccessarily all .. sources - require PAP. An unencrypted rip for instance, might not.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I finally managed to get the 3412 driver to work on my Acer Aspire P3-171 under Windows 8.1 and get rid of the code 43 problem I encountered. I don't know if the driver provided by Microsoft is the same as you provide here though.

The fix is fairly simple: I'd like to stress out that when you update Intel components, don't just update the graphics driver.

For Acer tablets:

• uninstall the previous VGA driver (9.xx.blahblahblah),
  • disable the check of numeric signatures via the troubleshooting menu of Windows 8.1,
  • update the BIOS (just in case),
  • update the Cradle Driver (called by Acer "Installer for USB Graphics blahblahblah"),
  • update the DPTF Driver,
  • update the Management Engine Driver,
  • update anything which is Intel-related, basically,
  • restart the damn thing (WARNING: because of dumb management of the CPU by Acer causing massive throttling, shut down the device then switch it on),
  • after a moment of crawling, the VGA driver should install itself and you should see it instantly witih the brightness of the screen. If not, download it and install it the normal way.

TADA! No more dreaded code 43!

0 Kudos