Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
entilza
New Contributor I

Hey xeon (shawn) I've been following this thread, as I have a system at work (my bosses) that I've been hesitant to upgrade because it's similar to yours. A custom built 3570K just 2 weeks ago.

It seems there are a lot of people with problems, but it seems to be related to 3 groups # 1) The error 31 as you have. # 2) The crashing upon installation of the driver 'igdkmd64.sys' or during gameplay (error 43?) # 3) Dedicated video card drivers needing to be updated or downgraded that cause multi monitors not to work.

It's unfortunate that intel was unable to reproduce this at this point. I remember an older thread where they were interested in obtaining machines that had a problem behaviour but it seems they are not interested at this time. I wonder how many people are really experiencing this issue or it is isolated.

Since I am a techie and like debugging stuff. I would probably remove your dedicated graphics card and see how far you can get with uninstalling the amd drivers and trying to get just the hd4000 working alone with the 3316 drivers. This would suggest there is an incompatibility with the dedicated card/drivers and your hd4000. I know this is a lot to ask considering you've already spent so much time dealing with this issue. Another even longer debug process would be to replace your HDD with a spare and reinstall windows 8.0 -> 8.1. Painful I know but may help debug the process.

Anyway goodluck. PS what motherboard do you have?

0 Kudos
RSing22
Beginner

Sad to here, it is frustrating not being able to do anything much. I couldn't wait any longer, who knows how long its going to take.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

entilza wrote:

Hey xeon (shawn) I've been following this thread, as I have a system at work (my bosses) that I've been hesitant to upgrade because it's similar to yours. A custom built 3570K just 2 weeks ago.

It seems there are a lot of people with problems, but it seems to be related to 3 groups # 1) The error 31 as you have. # 2) The crashing upon installation of the driver 'igdkmd64.sys' or during gameplay (error 43?) # 3) Dedicated video card drivers needing to be updated or downgraded that cause multi monitors not to work.

It's unfortunate that intel was unable to reproduce this at this point. I remember an older thread where they were interested in obtaining machines that had a problem behaviour but it seems they are not interested at this time. I wonder how many people are really experiencing this issue or it is isolated.

Since I am a techie and like debugging stuff. I would probably remove your dedicated graphics card and see how far you can get with uninstalling the amd drivers and trying to get just the hd4000 working alone with the 3316 drivers. This would suggest there is an incompatibility with the dedicated card/drivers and your hd4000. I know this is a lot to ask considering you've already spent so much time dealing with this issue. Another even longer debug process would be to replace your HDD with a spare and reinstall windows 8.0 -> 8.1. Painful I know but may help debug the process.

Anyway goodluck. PS what motherboard do you have?

I have the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.0) with the i7-3770K (HD 4000) plus an AMD 7870. If you search the general internet, there appears to be many people with Intel HD 4000 issues since 8.1 on many different forums for many different brands. In such a short amount of time, that would indicate a pretty wide spread issue.

I tried the 3308 driver supplied by Gigabyte for my board. Same code 31 error.

0 Kudos
entilza
New Contributor I

@xeon The question is intel is testing just boards or boards with dedicated cards.. Which I think they are not? I have a feeling something with yours in particular is a conflict with the AMD 7870 drivers or something in the bios and that particular setup. Just a feeling... Would you consider taking the card out physically (not just removing drivers) and trying to just get the HD4000 working? You would not have to re-install windows at least..

Finally what bios is your board at? You can use CPU-Z to find out easily in windows or obviously entering bios.

I have an asus at work so it would not be exactly the same.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

entilza wrote:

@xeon The question is intel is testing just boards or boards with dedicated cards.. Which I think they are not? I have a feeling something with yours in particular is a conflict with the AMD 7870 drivers or something in the bios and that particular setup. Just a feeling... Would you consider taking the card out physically (not just removing drivers) and trying to just get the HD4000 working? You would not have to re-install windows at least..

Finally what bios is your board at? You can use CPU-Z to find out easily in windows or obviously entering bios.

I have an asus at work so it would not be exactly the same.

Not sure when I will have time to remove my 7870 card. Maybe in 2 weeks. My BIOS is already at the latest stable (non-Beta) version from Gigabyte, version F14.

0 Kudos
HHama1
Beginner

Le problème que j'ai bien installer le pilote 3316 mais j'ai encore le même erreur 😕

0 Kudos
RSing22
Beginner

Did you follow the steps? if so did you get the latest driver from your PC/Motherboard manufacturer website? I did not download driver 3316 from Intel instead Windows Update installed it by itself.

0 Kudos
HHama1
Beginner

nn j'ai pas suivi les étapes car je peux pas revenir a Windows 8 et le driver j'ai l'installé manuellement car windows update installe une autre version qui ne fonctionne pas elle aussi

0 Kudos
RSing22
Beginner

You don't have Windows 8 installation disc? I couldn't install any of new drivers even from MSI website they all crashed my pc BSOD. I you can do a clean install, install latest chipset and VGA driver from your PC/Motherboard manufacturer, install every update available for windows 8 then install windows 8.1 from the store.

0 Kudos
HHama1
Beginner

xSpartanx , i don't have disc

0 Kudos
RSing22
Beginner

download Windows 8 upgrade assistant from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/ Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Windows. After its downloaded it will give you the option to burn to disc or make a bootable USB.

0 Kudos
HHama1
Beginner

ok je vais essayer merci xSpartanx

0 Kudos
entilza
New Contributor I

@xeon - On the gigabyte page for your board it seems that the intel INF was also updated in Oct21/13 (the chipset drivers) I wonder if that needs to go hand in hand with gigabytes intel vga driver. Again many variables here.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

entilza wrote:

@xeon - On the gigabyte page for your board it seems that the intel INF was also updated in Oct21/13 (the chipset drivers) I wonder if that needs to go hand in hand with gigabytes intel vga driver. Again many variables here.

I did all the 8.1 driver updates from Gigabyte for my board this week. No change. 3308 from Gigabyte and 3316 from Intel, both get code 31 after a few reboots.

0 Kudos
entilza
New Contributor I

Well you've done as much as possible without getting into serious debugging which you obviously hoped someone at intel would do for you. You've listed your board/videocard so hopefully intel can do some more tests similar to your setup.

There must be someone with a Z77 system and a dedicated AMD card out there similar to your situation who could post whether or not they have this issue with the error # 31.

0 Kudos
tc1
Beginner

I have an Asus P8Z77 V-LE and AMD 7850 with i5 3450 and I get this code 31 problem. I can mitigate it by booting from igp and then switching to gpu (my preferred output) after entering windows. On my board, I have to be careful to use dvi because hdmi only gets so far into the booting process before it blanks out (just before windows logo).

So if you want to try this, set your bios to igp and connect to dvi port on your mobo. Once in windows, and provided that you have your drivers (I wager any driver would work) properly installed, your intel igp should be detected and ready to go! Now, if only there was a similar way to fix my sound card problem and my not being able to go into sleep/hibernate mode problem. -_- Honestly, this update broke all the most interesting bits my computer. lol

As far as feedback on this problem: I installed 8.1 a couple of days after release from store. I have all patches and I've tried all steps, almost to the letter (did not disconnect from internet), except safe mode/install from disk; I may try these later on when I have more time. Right now I have no intel driver installed. I have the latest beta drivers from AMD although earlier non beta driver did not make a difference. Bios says Auto, but always seems to defaults to gpu in this mode, even if I connect to onboard only--may need more investigating on that last point. And lastly, setting bios to "intel" does fix the issue for me, but obviously, it's not ideal at all.

0 Kudos
polli
Beginner

I have a z77x-ud5h with i5 3570k & 7970.Have tried numerous hd4000 versions with no luck(code 31),and blank/black screen.Have re -installed win 8,but still have code 31 for the hd4000(no blank/black screen though).

0 Kudos
GCamo
Beginner

I'm having problems with Windows 8.1 too. My laptop is an Asus, with Intel hd 4000 and Geforce 630M. I've installed the 8.1 update from Store, one day after the 8.1 launches, and when I turn on the laptop I get a blackscreen, but when I hard-turn off (holding power button) and on, it boot normally on the system. But when I turn off (normally), and power on again after a while I got blackscreen (making me hard-turn off and on again to boot the system). Since then I have tested the following:

- The latest Intel driver alone (without Nvidia driver), the system boot properlly.

- The latest Nvidia driver alone (without Intel driver), the system boot properlly.

Now i'm using the "Basic Monitor" driver on Intel (since boh 8 and 8.1 drivers didnt work together with Nvidia's) and the latest Nvidia driver installed, but this leaves me without brightness control on the screen, no advaned resolutions setting. I hope Intel give us a solution for this problem.

0 Kudos
MHans10
Beginner

Hey guys,

I've been tracking this thread for a while as a guest, and just decided to make an account to throw my hat into the ring. I've been getting the driver_irql_not_less (igdkmd64.sys) BSOD error when I try to game. So far, it's just been limited to that. I've only tried one game (a game that was working fine pre 8.1 update), because I don't like crashing my computer.

My specs:

Asus R500V

Intel Core I-7-3630QM, 2.4GHz

8GB RAM

Intel HD 4000 Graphics card (driver version 10.18.10.3308)

Nvidia GeForce 610m (driver version 9.18.13.3158)

I've tried updating through windows update, but I'm currently up to date with everything. I've tried to update through the device manager by pointing the search to the file containing the new driver in the beginning of this thread, but it always tells me that the intel graphics driver is up to date. I'm leery about uninstalling the driver, then reinstalling it, because I've never done it before and I'm told that installing drivers like that can be troublesome in the long run.

0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

So, some progress today, seems the AMD beta driver may be conflicting with Intel driver, for some reason, the Intel driver is being overridden and fails? Also nvidia, so it seems discrete graphics cards drivers have more juju than intels and are forcing them to fail? Looks like a great avenue for your team to explore nic.

Seems like something they can test in the lab? I am assuming you have some of the competitions hardware in the lab? Can you let us know if you have that available to you, and can test it?

I was planning an upgrade, and decided to do my Holiday a bit early, so have an I7 4770K and an Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard coming on Monday. I will do a clean install then, will download and build a fresh ISO from windows store on Sunday night and start over. Will leave the AMD 7950's out until I get boot and Intel drivers placed, and see if it works fine. Then put my cards back in and go from there.

nic, I will p.m. You a link to download the ISO.

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Hi Linflas,

Interesting information, which could explain why both have problems to work! I have now been troubleshooting for almost a week and still cannot get it working. AMD suspected the latest "verified driver" to work but it cannot fully install properly (AMD suspected a NET Framework problem, which after verification seems not to be the case). Could you share more information about your findings?

0 Kudos