Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
VSeve
Novice

Shawn, thanks for the information. The other 4 of my systems with Win 8.1 are also with dedicated AMD and Nvidia graphic cards: Intel Bad Axe2 (D975XBX2), Intel DX58SO2, Asus P8P67 WS Revolution (with Sandy Bridge processor, though the motherboard has no processor graphics ports ) and Intel DP35. They are all functioning without any problems with automatic or Catalyst drivers. So I do not have anything against these drivers. But that does not rule out problems with them when using Intel graphics drivers and Win 8.1. I have already mentioned before that on my Intel DZ77GA-70 K board I experienced even in Windows 8 some minor issues with AMD Catalyst driver. But my settings on this board are not very typical as I have installed on it also an LSI 9271CC SAS Raid card, Hauppage TV card (PCIe x1) and a third Intel network adapter (PCiex1). I initially had problems with activating the Raid card on the second of the motherboards PCie 3.0 x16 slot (the board has a very picky BIOS) . So, at present, I have the Raid card installed on the first PCie 3.0 x16 slot and the AMD graphic card on the second x16 slot (functioning in x8 mode).

0 Kudos
SGuy1
Beginner

I'll add another report to the pile.

Lenovo G580 laptop

Windows 8.1 64 bit

2.40 gigahertz Intel Core i3-3110M

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

8 gb RAM

Driver version 10.18.10.3316 (currently)

Under my original OEM driver (don't know what version) and Windows 8, everything work fine. Then I upgraded to 8.1 from the Windows store. Since then I have encountered insufficient memory problems and BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (igdkmd64.sys)) with both the original driver and version 10.18.10.3316.

0 Kudos
JCanc
Beginner

Hello,

sorry for my bad english, im' a french user.

First my configuration:

Intel HD Graphics 4600 with latest 3316 drivers

AV Receiver Pioneer sc-lx83

I've followed and done carrefully every steps listed in first post of this thread and i'm still have an issue.

My PC is connected to my AV receiver with an hdmi cable. Everything work fine but if I switch off ma receiver and powered it on, windows 8.1 says me no peipheral is plugged in for sounds.

I have the same problem when my PC comes back from S3 resume (like Deilhmos in the first page of this thread).

I confirm that this problem was not appearing with Windows 8.

It's very annoying because my PC is an HTPC and I use a lot S3 sleep (wake up for recording or with a remote).

Could you please try to help me with this ? Is this specific problem has been investigated ?

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
WAgar
Novice

My Desktop Z77 system with an AMD Radeon HD 6850 was updated via the Windows store on 10/17. The GA updates were installed and I had the same Device Manager Intel HD Graphics 4000 Code 31 error as many in this thread. I had AMD driver 12.9 already installed and then I tried Intel Driver 3308, back to 3316 downloaded from Intel and then Intel driver 3325 downloaded from Station Drivers, all with no fix.

I watched various threads until today, when I uninstalled the Intel 3325 and 3316 drivers until I had an unknown video device in Device Manager. I then installed the Intel 3257 driver using the manual install method. At the same time, I installed AMD driver Beta 13.11 version 6 (which popped up a couple of errors during install but it worked). After 4 hot boots and 3 shut down/ wait/ restarts, the Intel and AMD adapters are running OK in Device Manager and the Catalyst Control Center works. The computer also sleeps OK. I'll stick with this configuration until Intel and AMD issue better drivers.

0 Kudos
HHama1
Beginner

Where is nic ??

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Maybe in the lab trying to fix the problem or?

0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

Well, quite a discussion today while I slept. I am back at work, depending on my workload tonight, I think I might remote in and try a few things on my end to get this working for me, did not know AMD had gone to beta 6 on the 13.11's, so, very interested.

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

HP Pavilion 15-e30so (64bit) Black Screen BUG Microsoft might release a bug fix.

Having five machines affected by the problem and already spent more than 65 hours trying to debug, we have reached the point to wait for an official fix and to keep Intel driver disabled until it. Now that is said, we have been made aware about a guide "launched by Microsoft" which we haven't tested ourselves but, for information would like to share with all of you (up to you guys to decide to try or not):

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Launches-Guide-on-How-to-Fix-Windows-8-1-Blank-Black-Screen-393649.shtml http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Launches-Guide-on-How-to-Fix-Windows-8-1-Blank-Black-Screen-393649.shtml

as you will read in the article, the original post came from TechNet blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ouc1too/archive/2013/10/22/windows-8-1-upgrade-reboots-to-black-screen-of-nothingness.aspx http://blogs.technet.com/b/ouc1too/archive/2013/10/22/windows-8-1-upgrade-reboots-to-black-screen-of-nothingness.aspx

Wishing Microsoft push the fix on coming Tuesday update!

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

colargol said:

"Now that is said, we have been made aware about a guide "launched by Microsoft" which we haven't tested ourselves but, for information would like to share with all of you (up to you guys to decide to try or not):

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Launches-Guide-on-How-to-Fix-Windows-8-1-Blank-Black-Screen-393649.shtml http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Launches-Guide-on-How-to-Fix-Windows-8-1-Blank-Black-Screen-393649.shtml

as you will read in the article, the original post came from TechNet blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ouc1too/archive/2013/10/22/windows-8-1-upgrade-reboots-to-black-screen-of-nothingness.aspx http://blogs.technet.com/b/ouc1too/archive/2013/10/22/windows-8-1-upgrade-reboots-to-black-screen-of-nothingness.aspx

Wishing Microsoft push the fix on coming Tuesday update!"

I tried that solution when my monitor turned black on entering the OS, but it did not help. Our problem seems to be of a different nature.

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Thanks vsslo,

It is also my opinion the problem is more complex and considering the number of posts left by the users on different Blogs (HP, DELL, INTEL, MICROSOFT and others) we could expect somebody will take care of it. Right now we are running our machines with the Intel driver disable, exclamation mark on AMD driver and no way to use external screen. Since we already spent tremendous amount of hours trying to fix the bug we are now waiting for the Big Guys to come with a long term solution. Wishing for the best!

0 Kudos
rrex
Beginner

Where to get older drivers from?

My current 9.18.10.3257 at least saves me from blue screens of death, but any of my graphical or audio software does not work giving all kinds of errors - I can't work

Any repository? Would be greatful for a link. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Fde_H
Beginner

I have a code 43 on my Nvidia card after installing the Intel HD graphics driver.

See same problem here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/windows-81-nvidia-geforce-gt-635m-and-intel-hd/6d4b331e-a8b2-4dea-9f92-604b59e2b100?page=1 Windows 8.1 Nvidia GeForce GT 635M and Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Microsoft Community

I have an Asus N550JV Laptop

It has an ssd and at windows startup, after the logo but before the login screen, my laptop hangs for some time(and graphics crash), screen turns black and then goes on to load the login screen.

Tried all the above things and am running on windows 8.1 core dutch 64 bits (MSDN 8.1.iso)

Intel i7 4600HQ

Intel HD Graphics 4600

Nvidia GT 750m (with code 43)

I have the problem only with a fresh install of a windows 8.1 MSDN iso

Also noticed that the crashes appear after installing the Intel HD drivers, installing the nvidia ones after the intel drivers doesn't solve the problem...

With a windows 8 iso plus windows 8.1 update from appstore i don't have this problem.

Also tried the intel drivers from asus, but those are windows 8 only

Intel drivers from microsoft or intel themselves produce the same bug

for some reason the intel .exe driver installer says my system can not be validated.. manual install of the HD 4600 through device manager with the .zip file does work though...

and also have the same 'problem' that the resolution seems to be normal (fullHD)

the only thing really bugging me is that the graphics are crashing at startup which makes my SSD startup time four times longer

Installed the drivers in safe mode (after uninstalling them of course)

Installed beta drivers from Intel and Nvidia

KB2894179 Installed

KB2883200 Installed

KB2884846 Installed

KB2894029 *not available to download

No luck yet

if i disable and enable the Nvidia device in the device manager it doesnt reproduce the code 43, it only seems to occur at windows startup...

Message was edited by: Frank de Haan

0 Kudos
RSchi6
Novice

Okay - I'm having problems with the 3316 driver as well. I was using using an earlier driver with Win7 in XBMC, and had the "green border" problem with my 4th gen i5 w/ 4600 HD Graphics on a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H. I recently updated to Win8.1 and installed the 3316 driver. Had issues with the Intel HD Audio not installing (no error during install, but yellow exclamation point the device manager). Saw on the Gigabyte site they had a VGA driver update as well. It was listed as 3325. Tried that one, and everything is fine now. However, after the system sits for a while (not sure yet if it's sleep, shutdown, restart) the old 3316 driver "replaces" or "updates" the 3325 driver from Gigabyte, and the HD audio is gone again.

I've tried completely removing the 3316 driver and files as suggested in the 1st post until just the default Microsoft graphics is present. I've disabled updates, and ever time I install the 3325 driver from Gigabyte, it gets replaced with the 3316 driver. Anyone know how to make this 3325 driver stick? Not much help on the Gigabyte site. Hopefully someone here can steer me in the right direction.

I'm going to disconnect from the internet next, but that makes the HTPC pretty useless, but I'll try just for testing. Will Also try installing from Safe Mode as suggested in the first post.

0 Kudos
SBarn6
Novice

From what I can tell, even if you have disabled Windows Update, device drivers may still be automatically installed if enabled under Device Installation Settings.

Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings and see if "Yes, do this automatically (recommended)" is enabled.

JBrec
Novice

SUCCESS!!!!

I have gotten my computer working as before. Thanks everyone, and I think AMD for fixing something with their driver. Intel needs to look closer at theirs as well but Catalyst 13.11 beta 6 worked for me.

So lets talk about how I did this, this worked the first time for me.

1. Download zipped driver package linked in first post of this thread, for your Intel HD

2. Download AMD 13.11 beta 6 drivers http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

3. Disconnect from Internet

4. Uninstall Intel graphics driver and all related files until you have an unknown graphics adapter in device manager

5. Uninstall AMD Catalyst driver package (I went to computer-uninstall a program-right click catalyst and modify, then chose remove all in catalyst), do this until you get to basic video adapter in device manager, should be only a one time thing

6. Open device manager, right click on the unknown video adapter, install a driver, point it to the unzipped folder from step 1 and let it install, reboot and the Intel driver should be working correctly

7. Right click on the Catalyst beta install package, run as administrator, and install your driver package

8. Reboot, and all is well with the world.

For you NVIDIA users, cannot test that as I do not own any hardware, but you may want to try these steps, just insert NVIDIA drivers where the AMD steps came in.

Good luck everyone, and happy computing!

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

Linflas wrote:

SUCCESS!!!!

I have gotten my computer working as before. Thanks everyone, and I think AMD for fixing something with their driver. Intel needs to look closer at theirs as well but Catalyst 13.11 beta 6 worked for me.

I am glad to hear you have your system back to working as you expect. And I am sure other AMD users will try this as well if they can not wait any longer. I will keep waiting as I have no interest in using any beta drivers. Hopefully Intel comes out with a new driver and is working with Microsoft, Nvidia, and AMD to figure out the scope of the issue and come to a non-beta solution.

0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

Shawn Lyman wrote:

I am glad to hear you have your system back to working as you expect. And I am sure other AMD users will try this as well if they can not wait any longer. I will keep waiting as I have no interest in using any beta drivers. Hopefully Intel comes out with a new driver and is working with Microsoft, Nvidia, and AMD to figure out the scope of the issue and come to a non-beta solution.

Thanks Shawn, but you might be in for quite a wait as AMD announced last year that they will not be WHQL their drivers nearly as often, only 2 or 3 times a year. They said the beta releases should be considered stable. I wish you luck in getting your rigs back to working order.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

Linflas wrote:

Shawn Lyman wrote:

Thanks Shawn, but you might be in for quite a wait as AMD announced last year that they will not be WHQL their drivers nearly as often, only 2 or 3 times a year. They said the beta releases should be considered stable. I wish you luck in getting your rigs back to working order.

I keep forgetting that I need to be super clear and specific in this thread. I believe this is primarily an Intel driver issue. Even if AMD beta drivers solved the issue for you, I still think it's mostly because of the Intel driver. So what I meant to say, is that I am waiting for a non-beta Intel driver to solve this. ALSO, while I know AMD does not plan to release stable drivers as often as they did in the past, I doubt that would stop them from releasing a non-beta driver sooner than usual if the issue is really AMD's fault. Which I don't think it is as Nvidia systems have issues with this Intel driver as well. And neither AMD nor Nvidia appear to be having this issue in Windows 8.1 on systems that either have IGP disabled, or simply don'd have an Intel HD series IGP.

AMD, Nvidia, Intel, etc.... would never say "oh our driver is bad, I guess we wait for our normal driver cycle to complete before we release another non-beta driver." That just won't happen. So again, if AMD (or Nvidia) determines there is a major issue with their driver in Windows 8.1, you can bet they will release a newer driver much sooner than their scheduled release cycle.

Update: I also wanted to say that my rig is only short Intel QuickSync. I have the TV (3rd display) on the AMD 7870 for now. So I am perfectly good waiting as I don't have any video encoding projects now, and so I don't need QuickSync right now. And even if I did, I can still encode, just slower. So I will keep waiting. It the issue is AMD or Nvidia, the solution should be soon. If it is the Intel driver like I think it is, I am not so confident in Intel solving this quickly.

0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

I do agree with you that their may something wonky with the Intel driver, why else would it be the one failing, instead of the others? I did that as well, made a solution work, used adapters to get my displays up and running. Tonight, after I sleep, I game some, then build a fresh win 8 ISO for tomorrows adventure. enjoy the reso of your weekend!

Hope to hear from some others on this thread, that they were able to get their rigs back in working order.

0 Kudos
SKwok
Beginner

I have Acer W700

The MS Update 10.18.10.3316 worked for me before...until I upgraded to 10.18.10.3325 which has the Code 43 error. When I reinstall 10.18.10.3316 again, I have the Code 43.

Now I am using 9.17.10.2867

Why is DirectDraw Acceleration and AGP Texture Acceleration: NOT AVAILABLE?

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

It seems that the issue with the Intel 3316 driver has not been solved in the newest Intel driver 3325 that has already appeared in the wild.

0 Kudos