Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20755 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
HHama1
Beginner

Salut Guitarrero,

Is that what you're talking about V9.18.13.2683 version (2013.10.28) nvidia there on the asus website?
0 Kudos
DGarc11
Beginner

LAPTOP USERS, PLEASE READ:

I spent several hours trying the solution given by Linflas. But I later learnt that I cannot use the drivers supplied by AMD for working with switchable graphics (see fifth post http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=168647&enterthread=y&STARTPAGE=1 here), and I saw that I had to use the drivers (if any) supplied by the manufacturer.

My laptop is HP Pavilion 15 e029ss. If I go to the http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=5403273 download page for drivers for this model in HP's site, there are only available for Windows 8 (I tried installing that driver in Windows 8.1 and it causes the black screen). But I found the model of my card looking up on the http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03846189&product=5403273 product specifications: my card was, therefore, AMD Radeon HD 8670M. By googling "hp 8670 switchable driver "windows 8.1"" (I had to try several searches), I arrived to http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex&softwareitem=ob-124003-1 this site; voilà, driver available!

So far it works correctly (I have not yet tried the "high performance mode", though). If you have just fresh-installed Windows 8.1: do install this driver during the first session, If you have another AMD driver installed, you probably need to completely remove the latter beforehand.

I think the reason why HP does not list this driver in the downloads for the laptop's model may be that they might be waiting to have all the Windows 8.1 drivers ready for this model. But..., why do they not give a reference, or a link? Why is the page to download the Windows 8.1 driver for the card so difficult to find???

HP users: you may try doing some similar research. Users of other brand: I do not know, sorry. Maybe you may want to try the driver supplied by HP (the one corresponding to the model of your card)?

Regards.

0 Kudos
DGarc11
Beginner
0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Thanks Alleluia,

I have an HP pavilion 15.e30-so and just finished to follow Linflas instructions and it seems to work.

I downloaded the latest Intel driver from the original post and the latest Catalyst rev7 from AMD.

I'll continue to test tomorrow but I feel much better.

Wishing the fix stable.

0 Kudos
GGold3
Novice

BUG

Hi, I will like to get help resolving a weird issue with the new driver version on win 8.1 where it shows a black screen during videos (3D) in games.

besides of the issues in games it seems to work fine for me,

because of it's hard to understand so I recorded a video showing the issue with the black screen and uploaded it to youtube so you can watch for better understanding, here's the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Dbern9fi8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Dbern9fi8

(you can seek forward to min 2:20 to skip on all the begging.)

I did installed the driver first using Samsung "SW Update",

then when I saw the issue I completely removed it as you suggested in this topic and re-installed it manually, unfortunately this didn't helped solved the issue.

I also reinstalled the game and Steam and no luck.

It was working great before, the issue started only after the upgrade to WIN 8.1 with your recent driver version.

Will like to hear what you think can solve it or what can cause it.

Thanks, Gil.

0 Kudos
skos
Beginner

samsung np300e5x.

I installed windows 8.1 through ISO.

Bug:The first problem-not open the Information Center in the Control Panel Intel. control panel does not work. I receive the error message "the work program has been discontinued"

0 Kudos
HChen79
Beginner

BUG: Display Brightness cannot be adjusted

Specs: Samsung NP730U3EX01

i5 3337U with HD 4000

8GB ram

Windows 8.1 64 bit

AMD Radeon HD8570M

I cannot adjust screen brightness in win 8.1 with all the intel drivers released except for a very old driver (9.17.10.2875), even for 3316 its brightness still stuck at a certain value.

/thread/45614?tstart=0 Intel(R) Graphics HD 4000 Driver for Windows 8.1 (Not Working Properly)
0 Kudos
CFolk1
Beginner

ISSUE:

I have a Sony Vaio Duo 11 Convertible Laptop

64-Bit Operating System

Intel Core I7

8GB Ram

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Unable to change display options from 1024x768 on main display after upgrading to 8.1. I use 2 Eclipse SEE2 UV150 external graphics cards for my other 2 display, everything works fine on those. I have uninstalled my graphics card, went through the steps you listed multiple times and still after re-installing multiple times, rebooting etc. still receiving this error message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" I need this resolved ASAP!

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Windows 8.1 does not allow the installation of the newest AMD beta Catalyst 3.11 (Version 😎 for desktops. Its previous versions still work.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

The inability to install the Version 8 beta Catalyst driver in Win 8.1 could be connected with problems in downloading the file. Anyway, It is probably advisable to keep safe the installable previous versions just in case the latest version does not work as it should.

0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

vsslo wrote:

Windows 8.1 does not allow the installation of the newest AMD beta Catalyst 3.11 (Version 😎 for desktops. Its previous versions still work.

I am not sure what you mean here? I was able to install 13.11 beta v8 without issue, it also currently is working with the Intel driver.

Whenever I install graphics drivers, especially AMD's I always unistall through add/remove programs, right click on catalyst, choose change, choose the unistall ALL option when Catalyst prompts you, go through the process, prompts you to reboot, then install the new driver package, and reboot again.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

I do not know what happened. Probably the downloading did not went through as it should leading to a corrupt downloaded file, so Windows 8.1 refused to install it. On the other hand, the version 6 works without any problems for me, so at present, I do not really need the Version 8.

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Hi vsslo,

On my case (HP Pavilion 15-e30-so) I managed to download and install (as linflas described) amd_catalyst_13.11_betav7.exe but not tested v8 they just pushed right after. The only problem, which is not really a problem is that Catalyst Control Center is not included (or if included not visible) but the rest works perfect. No more error code nor crashes. I'm not sure I'll install v8 by now. Good luck.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

I am glad your systems are again working as they should, so you probably do not need the Version 8 anyway.

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Thanks vsslo, we have now our six machines up and running. I only miss the Catalyst Control Center but sure that will be included in the next official release (-:

0 Kudos
GGold3
Novice

Samsung "SW Update" software is asking me to update my driver, to a version of 10.18.10.3304, and it's in a huge size of 828MB!

should I?

or should I ignore it and keep using the one I downloaded from your site?

(any idea why is it that huge?)

here's a print screen:

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@Gil.Goldschlager: I would not recommend using the OEM provided updater. Either stick with ours, or with Windows* Update.

@everyone else: If you are experiencing either Code 31 or Code 43 and have not done so already, please provide the requested log files as stated here; /message/211042# 211042 https://communities.intel.com/message/211042# 211042 We will be providing them to our Engineering folks so that they can diagnose these issues.

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
pfern7
Beginner

Hi, i can't save the events :s Says that "windows cannot locate that specific file" -.-' I'm getting nervous...

0 Kudos
skos
Beginner

I cannot understand! at intel had plenty of time to release the working driver! what they were doing all this time? why users must face the challenges Intel?

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Hi serg1d,

I am not defending Intel but; when installed in the proper sequence, both Intel and AMD drivers work well (at least for me and others). The problem might be the way Microsoft pushed the updates when we migrated from 8 to 8.1, which is what, I guess, Intel is now investigating. It is a shame we don't get any support from Microsoft and that is where I see the biggest problem!

0 Kudos
skos
Beginner

Hello, colargol! I can not understand, where is Microsoft? Old Driver Intel 3282 works well. And I installed windows 8.1 iso.

I do not have amd! a second video card Nvidia.
0 Kudos